No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr: "I'm not afraid of Martinez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well wtf else is he gonna' say?

Team JCC Jr should take the fight. As long as he makes a half decent showing it's a win for him, imo. I can't see the downside for Jr. as long as his corner stops the fight promptly should he begin to take a horrific beating.

And who knows? Upsets happen.

Comment

I think Chavez Jr would gain more fans if he actually fought Martinez. Can't really hate him if he steps up and tries his best. Having a zero is overrated and I don't think his fanbase would suddenly abandon him if he loses against a guy like Martinez.

Comment

So the canelo fight is off??

Comment

I don't think Jr. is afraid, I think he's HORRIFIED of Martinez!

Comment

JCC jr is right. He had the balls to fight one of the guys Martinez flat out ducked when he was his mandatory. And Martinez is scared to death of fighting Pirog who just offered him a career high payday.

JCC Jr would make more fighting Rubio and exponentially more fighting Cotto than a guy who couldn't sell tickets when they were free if you bought a pair of socks at some sporting goods company.

Comment

Easy to say you're not scared when you have your promoter to hide behind.

Comment

I believe he's not afraid, but Arum don't want that *****. Martinez is a high risk/low reward fight, and let's be honest. Jr. will get ****ed up.

Comment

Hopefully they strip him of his gifted title. Junior needs to man up and start fighting the top fighters, isn't it about time?

Comment

Working...
                  X