Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali or Wladimir Klitschko - Who Is The More Exciting Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko would not have reigned that era. Lyle, Norton, Shavers, Foreman, Bonavena, Ali.

Ron Lyle vs Wladimir Klitschko would be a good match. Only because it would be like watching a pit bull chase after a poodle. All bull**** aside, Klitschko would probably get the decision. Especially since the fight would be in Berlin

Comment

• As Dominicano Soy! says - thats all about preference. Ali maybe more entertaining and risky, but that's don't work with peoples preferences. To many Germans and Ukrainians, including me, Klitschko's fights much more exciting than Ali's. In fact, many people in central and eastern Europe started to watch boxing because of Klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        15 seconds longer and i would of cleaned up on
        wlad don't KO.

have to commend you Tunneyball for not jiving peeps that you don't have alts this time.
        you should feel good about that!
        Hypocrite - you have several alts!

knn is not my alt.

Kid Lavigne is not an alt. I just changed my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
          Hypocrite - you have several alts!

knn is not my alt.

Kid Lavigne is not an alt. I just changed my username.
          Your old name was good, this name is **** and reminds me of a woman

10k this name is **** compared to the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norton View Post
            As Dominicano Soy! says - thats all about preference. Ali maybe more entertaining and risky, but that's don't work with peoples preferences. To many Germans and Ukrainians, including me, Klitschko's fights much more exciting than Ali's. In fact, many people in central and eastern Europe started to watch boxing because of Klitschko.
            why do you think there's this huge, sudden influx of Filipino and just asian boxing fans in general? Pac man. When you see someone do right that is of your culture and ethnicity, you become a fan by instinct not by choice...it's a deep seeded thing in the brain. Did you know, that when you see another person of a different race, there's a thing in your brain that immediately sends fear signals? Crazy ****, huh.

Comment

As Dominicano Soy! says - thats all about preference. Ali maybe more entertaining and risky, but that's don't work with peoples preferences. To many Germans and Ukrainians, including me, Klitschko's fights much more exciting than Ali's. In fact, many people in central and eastern Europe started to watch boxing because of Klitschko.
              Are you Ukrainian? Were from? I'm Slovene-American. Cool to have more Eastern-Europeans on the forum!

Comment

I became an avid boxing fan because of Wladimir Klitschko, about ten years ago.

I did watch a few fights before that, but I was never really enthusiastic about the sport until the Klitschkos appeared on the scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
                  I became an avid boxing fan because of Wladimir Klitschko, about ten years ago.
                  Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post

I did watch a few fights before that, but I was never really enthusiastic about the sport until the Klitschkos appeared on the scene.
                  A boxing fan because of Klitschko and only 10 years ago? That explains why you're one dimensional, racist, and don't know much about the sport. You claimed there was a conspiracy against Gerry Cooney winning the heavyweight championship because he was white. And Mills lane was in on it
                  Last edited by Calilloyd; 04-03-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• The opposition also has to be taken into account. Ali fought competent, exciting fighters which made for competetive, exciting fights. Had he fought the likes of Chambers, Ibragimov, Chagaev, most of his fights would have probably been a bore to watch also. Ali did have the showmanship, the dazzling handspeed and footwork to excite the crowds however but at times he too would coast without attempting to finish the opponent off.

Wladimir's fights are very methodical and controlled by caution, everyone already knows what the outcome will be due to the level of his foes and the viewer can only truly appreciate the technique & patience involved unless they are a big fan. It's largely the same with Vitali although he is more confident in his durability, but the major reason why he is more "exciting" is because he fights more exciting opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frighteous View Post
                      why do you think there's this huge, sudden influx of Filipino and just asian boxing fans in general? Pac man. When you see someone do right that is of your culture and ethnicity, you become a fan by instinct not by choice...it's a deep seeded thing in the brain. Did you know, that when you see another person of a different race, there's a thing in your brain that immediately sends fear signals? Crazy ****, huh.
                      Well, maybe it's not all about biology (social factor plays it's role to) but I see your point. Interesting topic for anthropologists to research. Among other things people eager to watch their compatriots at the top of any contests. That's why nowdays HW situation taken so painfully in USA.

Comment

Working...
                      X