Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you favor any fighter @ 135 or 140 over Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk if Bradley counts as a 140 fighter, but I see him making fairly easy work of Broner.

Comment

Lucas, JMM, Gamboa and Rios.

Comment

Nobody at 135. Gamboa's my boy but I would have him as an underdog against broner.

Now 140 is a different story. matthyse, Khan, Garcia all them have the size and skill. Broner would not be able to bully those guys around the ring. Broner is a monster tho and I believe he can definitely compete against those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          Are people really suggesting that Khan could beat Broner? LMAO
          Yeah Khan is bigger, faster, stronger and more experienced he would dominate Broner

Comment

The main difference with Broner and Mayweather is the HUGE difference in speed.

Broner's not fast enough to give Bradley problems and Bradley would exploit holes in Broners defense. He would hit Broner while Broner's mouth is open when he punches and possibly break his jaw.

Mathysse would eat leather from Broner but it would have no affect. Mathysse would chop him down and probably make him take a knee.

At this point, Bradley would UD him and Mathysse would possibly stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Yeah Khan is bigger, faster, stronger and more experienced he would dominate Broner
              This, not even sure why some people are questioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Lucas Matthysse would excavate his anus.
                I agree with this! Broner showed me more than I expected tonight, just in his willingness to push the pace, but Demarco also reinforced some of the apparent flaws. He showed that when you come at Broner, his defense tends to be much less effective.

He showed that Broner can be countered when he is throwing his uppercut hook combinations on the inside, and he showed that Broner stops leading when you come at him.

These are all of the flaws that and others revealed in him.

For his part, Demarco performed about how I expected him too. As I said before the fight, he has no plan B. If what he starts with doesn't work, he doesn't have any other answers.

His workrate was never going to be enough to make Broner uncomfortable, he was basically tailor made for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                  You might be right, Broner has superior skills to Lucas but who knows if Broner could stand up to his power @ 140? I think that's AB's biggest challenge.
                  Broner has superior technique and handspeed to Matthysse, but Lucas is the bigger man weight wise, never stops throwing, and has superior firepower. I also suspect that Matthysse has a superior chin to Broner's, but it's difficult to gauge since Broner's not really been tagged clean yet by a puncher like Matthysse has.

I think Matthysse would lose nearly every round on the cards, but he'd be able to walk through Broner's punches unphased, get in close, and break him down over the course of the fight - Knocking him out late.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Lucas would destroy him. I think Garcia beats him too & would give Guzman & Ajose a shot.

Khan maybe, if he can avoid a tear up.
                    I don't think Garcia beats Broner, he doesn't have Matthyse's power. Are you referring to Joan Guzman? Hahahahaha Khan? Lolllllll

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      The main difference with Broner and Mayweather is the HUGE difference in speed.

Broner's not fast enough to give Bradley problems and Bradley would exploit holes in Broners defense. He would hit Broner while Broner's mouth is open when he punches and possibly break his jaw.

Mathysse would eat leather from Broner but it would have no affect. Mathysse would chop him down and probably make him take a knee.

At this point, Bradley would UD him and Mathysse would possibly stop him.
                      Bradley would UD Broner at the point in an ugly fight. He knows that rough stuff makes Broner uncomfortable, and he would make the fight as dirty as humanly possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X