No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Mikey Garcia Might Get Yuriorkis Gamboa First

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: Mikey Garcia Might Get Yuriorkis Gamboa First

Trainer Robert Garcia spoke to BoxingScene.com about a possible fight between Nonito Donaire (27-1, 18KOs) and Yuriorkis Gamboa (21-0, 16KOs), which Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum believes will happen in the not too distant future. Donaire, the WBC/WBO bantamweight champion, is moving up to 122-pounds in early 2012, but he's already been discussing the big names at featherweight - like Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopez.

[Click Here To Read More]

damn robert don't send your lil bro to his own death! he would get smashed! I like Garcia and he's a solid boxer/puncher, but I just don't think he's "special" enough to beat gamboa. . .

Comment

I have tbh,I would not be surprised if Garcia KO'd Gamboa..If this fight happens I'm taking Garcia by KO..

Comment

mikey by ko,Step up cuban

Comment

They're both fast and strong. I still think it's a huge step up for Mikey and Gamboa potshots him to a late stoppage/UD.

Comment

i'd like to see garcia in with a salido or ponce de leon first. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              I have tbh,I would not be surprised if Garcia KO'd Gamboa..If this fight happens I'm taking Garcia by KO..
              Gamboa will beat his ass right now. Different levels of competition, Gamboa is far ahead.

I'd love to see it though. Two very good fighters, that are very entertaining.

Comment

@ this point Gamboa would be too much for Garcia....a few fights more vs valid opposition will give him a great chance....not now...

Comment

Gamboa via KO. Make it happen!

Comment

Ive just watched 7 of Garcias previous fights yesterday and I'm really liking what I see, but Gamboa would be too much too soon for him.
                    Caballero or Salido wouldn't be a bad option, but even those guys are going to be a good step up in competition for him. Garcia has good fundamentals and does all the basic things so well, i guess he needs to challenge for a belt sooner or later.

The Garcias are champing at the bit to be the next Mayweathers in terms of a world class successful boxing family

Comment

Working...
                    X