No announcement yet.

Being REAL. Brandon Rios doesn't have confidence in HIMSELF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being REAL. Brandon Rios doesn't have confidence in HIMSELF

Who drains that low? If you're good you're good. Why is the need to stoop down to the "little" guys? For the advantage? Once that hit is hard at a lower weight; your mind frame drops.

He's not mentally there. QUOTE ME.

I don't think it's him. I think it's TR that is making this choice for him. After the Murray fight team Rios claimed they were ready to move on to JWW but Cameron Dunkin claimed otherwise and soon after, they announce another go at LW.

Maybe Arum doesn't have confidence in him but I doubt Rios doesn't have confidence in himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      I don't think it's him. I think it's TR that is making this choice for him. After the Murray fight team Rios claimed they were ready to move on to JWW but Cameron Dunkin claimed otherwise and soon after, they announce another go at LW.

Maybe Arum doesn't have confidence in him but I doubt Rios doesn't have confidence in himself.
      exactly how i see it too

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
        Why is the need to stoop down to the "little" guys? For the advantage?
        While I agree that he's cutting too low, if you're going to make the above argument, you can apply it to pretty much anyone who cuts weight (which is almost everyone.) And, I don't know him so I can't say that he's mentally weak. It could be a trainer or manager talking him into this.
        With that said, regardless of the reason, he needs to quit this extreme cutting **** because it obviously isn't working.

Comment

in that video, he says "140 im coming", he also mentions how they have him up there looking stupid since hes not able to make weight. I think the blame falls on the promoter and manager and not at all on Brandons confidence. Brandon and Robert said after last fight he cant make 135 again yet they still ended up in a 135 fight. im sure they probably convinced Brandon that going from Mexico to New York had something to do with the weight but after seeing it happen again, it wasnt a fluke he just has absolutely no weight to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by raysan View Post
            in that video, he says "140 im coming", he also mentions how they have him up there looking stupid since hes not able to make weight. I think the blame falls on the promoter and manager and not at all on Brandons confidence. Brandon and Robert said after last fight he cant make 135 again yet they still ended up in a 135 fight. im sure they probably convinced Brandon that going from Mexico to New York had something to do with the weight but after seeing it happen again, it wasnt a fluke he just has absolutely no weight to lose.
            Pretty spot on post.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post

He's himself. He can talk some. If they said " Hey, you about the fight Wlad, you cool with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                While I agree that he's cutting too low, if you're going to make the above argument, you can apply it to pretty much anyone who cuts weight (which is almost everyone.) And, I don't know him so I can't say that he's mentally weak. It could be a trainer or manager talking him into this.
                With that said, regardless of the reason, he needs to quit this extreme cutting **** because it obviously isn't working.
                I'm ranging for the hype, and even you know it's a LOT too high,

Comment

Originally posted by raysan View Post
                  So.... he can't talk for himself? If his promoter said, hey, drop to 150lbs and travel to 88 AS A HEAVYWEIGHT to fight Tyson... to your logic he'd do whatever his promoter says.

Comment

It's really awesome how you can read people's minds bro!

Comment

Working...
                    X