No announcement yet.

Bas Rutten Picks Dos Santos to Beat Overeem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bas Rutten Picks Dos Santos to Beat Overeem

Rutten on telling Overeem’s camp which opponents could make for difficult matchups: “I always told them … make sure to avoid Junior dos Santos. I think him and Cain Velasquez, although with Cain, he cannot take a punch too great. But still, Cain is a monster and he should have simply shot in on Junior dos Santos, I think. I actually thought he was going to win that fight, but he didn’t. He got tagged, and that can happen to anybody. Anyway, I always said try to stay away as long as you can from Junior dos Santos. That right now could be a very big threat together, believe it or not, with Cheick Kongo. I think that would also be a great opponent for him.”

On how Overeem matches up with dos Santos: “I think Alistair, everything he does is one single shot because he knows he’s got that glass jaw as well. He’s been knocked out quite a few times in the past, even by Chuck Liddell as well. Every time when he punches, one hand is up. He throws single shots; he doesn’t throw combinations. You saw that when he fought [Fabricio] Werdum. Werdum was actually tagging him more than he did to Werdum. I think that Junior dos Santos, with his combinations, his reach, I think he’s going to tag him and he’s going to throw combos and I think that yeah, he’s going to take this fight.”

Source - Sherdog

Before the GG split = Overeem being the #1 HW
    After the GG split = Overeem is going to lose to everyone

The creator of The Reem actually had to cut a large chunk of Bas' comments for the documentary because he was talking up Alistair TOO MUCH. Now this was before the whole Golden Glory soap opera.

Bas is a faggot and I lost all respect for him.

Comment

Shut the fuck up, Dorian.

Comment

You lost respect for Bas because he doesn't think your favorite fighter will beat JDS?

Comment

He's a sore butthurt loser because Overeem left Golden Glory so now he disses and picks everyone to beat him any chance he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
            Shut the fuck up, Dorian.
            You know I'm gonna chin check you next time I see you, right?

Comment

I favor JDS over Reem as well.

Comment

I am an Overeem fan as well, but I see Bas has a point on Reem being careless when he attacks.

Comment

JDS/Reem is 50/50.. first guy to land that big punch or combo wins. I like JDS A LOT myself but what this guy is doing is childish.

He was kissing Overeems butt so much even I got sick of it then as soon as he leaves Golden Glory he disses him 24/7 and discredits him on any occasion he gets? Pathetic.

Comment

I hate to break the news to you Dorian.

But JDS is going to beat the living **** out of Overeem, and badly.

Like it won't even be a contest.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X