Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Fighter of the Year: Who Wasted 2011?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirrell comes to mind simply bcse he didn't fight
    Vanes similiar with all his yapping but no backing
    But timmy definetly is the frontrunner
    However none are more dissappointing than The Dragon imagine what could of been it's hard to sleep at night knowing some of the fights that didn't happen he could of gone down as ATG

Comment

there's a few candidates, but i would say bradley. klitschko bros also didn't have a great year.

Comment

Dirrel and his fake injury.

Comment

Martirosyan
          calling fighters out and than not wanting to fight them smh

Comment

Gotta go with Bradley, notice he's the only fighter on the p4p top 10 list out of all the candidates there.

Could have had a monster year by beating Alexander and then Khan (who it's kind of obvious would lose to Bradley) and been the undisputed Jr. Welterewight champ like previously said. Not to mention probably grabbing the fighter of the year award and major recognition by all boxing fans. Issues with his promotional team and his own greed (like every other boxer) caused him to go from a throw back fighter who was hungry to fight the best to another fighter just chasing the big money fights. Which is kind of ironic to say because Khan was a big payday and a very winnable fight for him, very odd.

Comment

No Martinez?

I mean really... who the fuck has he fought? He's just demanded fights with guys who would have to move up 2 weight classes to fight him.

Comment

I like Martirosyan and I've followed him for years but he really wasted 2011, when it should have been a coming out year for him. He turned down a career making fight against Angulo, who btw had been inactive for about a year (save for one tuneup fight that last a round). Kirkland took that opportunity and ran with it - now Kirkland's one of the biggest names in the jr mw division and Vanes is just an afterthought...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  No Martinez?

I mean really... who the fuck has he fought? He's just demanded fights with guys who would have to move up 2 weight classes to fight him.
                  Lie much??

Comment

Not fair to have Bute in there.

IMO I'd say Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez...why?

After the incredible Williams KO, he was on top of the world and in everybody's mouth in the boxing world. Instead of taking advantage of it and gaining worldwide fame, he insisted on ignoring real threads(Pirog) and cleaning up the divisions(154-160) to call out Mayweather and Pac. Two fighters that would have simply ignore him(as they did and with right) and continue with their careers. He went from being THE MAN to simply an annoying boxer calling out little men

Comment

Bute beating Johnson 120-108, the worst defeat of Johnson's career other than perhaps Hopkins back in 1997.

Bute beat Johnson extremely easily and I think that shows how good Bute is. 2011 would have been a disappointment had he not fought and beat Johnson.

But Bute beat Johnson very impressively and for that Id say 2011 was a decent year for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X