Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Content is key for Apple TV to disrupt cable industry (video: Steve Jobs on TV)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content is key for Apple TV to disrupt cable industry (video: Steve Jobs on TV)

Analyst: Content is key for Apple television to disrupt cable industry (with video: Steve Jobs on television)
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 · 5:01 pm · 14 Comments

“Apple’s television set isn’t being held back by technology problems, it’s being held back by partnerships with big content companies, says Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu in an investor note today,” Jay Yarow reports for The Business Insider.

“Apple wants to offer customizable channels for users, disrupting the cable industry as we know it,” Yarow reports.

“Understandably, Apple is getting resistance from the content providers like CBS, NBC, etc. who are generally happy with the cable model,” Yarow reports. “(At least they know the cable companies. They don’t really know Apple.)”

Read more in the full article here.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

That's what windoze sufferers like to think.

Comment

Jobs was so right about Web TV, you only have to look at Google TV to see the result, its a flop.

Comment

I'm not really an Apple guy but I finally gave up on the PC and bought the new Imac. I have to say, I'm never going back to PC again.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            I'm not really an Apple guy but I finally gave up on the PC and bought the new Imac. I have to say, I'm never going back to PC again.

Once you go Mac, you don't go back............

You must be asking yourself why you hadn't done this sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
              Once you go Mac, you don't go back............

You must be asking yourself why you hadn't done this sooner.
              I certainly did. A while ago I may not of said the same thing but now, it's an awesome product and well worth the price tag. I love not worrying about viruses and crap like that. The little bit more that it costs is well worth the years of frustration that PC's cause. Never going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                I certainly did. A while ago I may not of said the same thing but now, it's an awesome product and well worth the price tag. I love not worrying about viruses and crap like that. The little bit more that it costs is well worth the years of frustration that PC's cause. Never going back.

Great to hear! Welcome to the party!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X