Man Vs Wild = the real survivor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Vs Wild = the real survivor

Anyone ever watch this show ?
    Bear Grylls is a seasoned adventurer who served with the Special Air Service, a special forces unit of the British army, where he was trained as a survival expert. His experiences include climbing Mount Everest, crossing the freezing North Atlantic Ocean in a small, open boat and climbing a Himalayan peak described by Sir Edmund Hillary as 'unclimbable'. He has been places and done things that would defeat most normal people. But now, he is up against something completely different.

In each episode of Man vs. Wild Bear strands himself in popular wilderness destinations where tourists often find themselves lost or in danger. As he finds his way back to civilization, he demonstrates local survival techniques, including escaping quicksand in the Moab Desert, navigating dangerous jungle rivers in Costa Rica, crossing ravines in the Alps and surviving sharks off Hawaii.http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/ma...out/about.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxMm38x5ECohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsJfGlrUdK4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rsxDLVHkNQ
    1974 - Born the son of Sir Michael Grylls and younger brother of Lara Grylls.
    1995 - Served for three years with 21st Special Air Service Regiment, a special forces unit of the British Army, during which time he broke his back in three places, while parachuting over southern Africa.
    1997 - Became the youngest British person to summit Mount Ama Dablam in the Himalayas, a peak once described by Sir Edmund Hillary as 'unclimbable'.
    1998 - On May 26, Became the youngest British person to summit Mount Everest and return alive. His book on this expedition, titled Facing Up, reached number nine in the best seller list.
    2000 - Later that year Bear led the first team to circumnavigate the UK on personal watercraft, in aid of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) Lifeboats.
    2003 - Led team across North Atlantic in a rigid inflatable boat (RIB). The book on this world record is titled: Facing the Frozen Ocean. It was shortlisted as 'Sports Book of the Year.' Along with Dame Ellen MacArthur, he was awarded an honorary commission in the Royal Navy in recognition of this achievement.
    2005 - Led the first team ever to attempt to paramotor over the remote jungle plateaux of the Angel Falls, Venezuela, in aid of the charity "Hope & Homes for Children." The team were attempting to reach the highest, most remote high tepuis, made famous by Conan Doyle's Lost World.
    2005 - Bear broke the world record for the highest ever open air dinner party [1], slung under a hot air balloon at 25,000 ft. Details of this adventure, in celebration of 50 years of The Duke of Edinburgh charity Award scheme.
    2005 - During July, Channel 4 aired Escape to the Legion, a four-part documentary series following Bear & 11 volunteers over the course of a month in North Africa as they endured a course based on the basic training of the French Foreign Legion to find out "what kind of men [they] really [were]." The show was co-produced and presented by Grylls.
    2006 - The show Man vs. Wild premiered in November, hosted by Grylls, which features him demonstrating survival techniques in hostile environments http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

Its my favorite show on TV right now. **** I just realized that I missed Fridays. Knowing Discovery it will be on 30- 40 times this weekend.

Comment

I love those types of shows. I shouldn't be alive is a good one too. They also have one based on that, I forget what its called, but they take one of the survival guys and put them in the same situation that the people from I shouldn't be alive were in and see all the things they could have done.

Comment

Just watched it today, in fact. lots of things are notably true, I can attest to that, some are circumstancial. On thing though.....some one HAD TO have filmed it, and I know that camara dude ain't going hungry, and defiantely has equipment to protect that camara....with spare pockets for pogie-bait! All in all, great show....the home made compass he made....totally accurate, and precise.

Comment

well ge goes over the rules before each drop.....the camera crew is not supposed to have any contact with him unless its a matter of life and death.....the one where he was in scottland was crazy.....he cut the fur off this animal to use as a cover and it was freezin under 10 degrees.....crazy **** but ive learned a couple of things.....

Comment

Saw some parts of it. Seems interesting.

Comment

one of my favorite shows. Way better than survivor man.

Comment

That **** is on right now, great f'en show.

Comment

this dude is crazy dude drinks his own piss,... but i love watchin it

Comment

it turns out there have been reports in most of the british papers that he stays in hotels etc during his adventures and doesn't rough it out as much as it looks, I hope this is all hearsay, as I like the show

Comment

Working...
                    X