Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
    Garcia just swings wild and comes forward. What are you even talking about him having skill. Turning away, closing eyes, swinging for a home run is NOT skill nor is it ever planned. It was a lucky punch. The same way Rasim and Oliver did to Lennox. Only difference is that Khan tried to come back. This whole "chin" thing is blow out of proportion by yall on here. If you going to use stupid chin statements for EVERYTHING to dismiss someone, the use that logic for someone like Roy Jones, or K bros, or Lewis, ect. Yeah he was favorited in those fights, but guess what...thats what happens in boxing. Sometimes the unexpected happen. Especially when you are trying to fight as much as you can, and get the toughest fights that you can. Amir defense is just crap and has hurt his career more than anything else, and Garcia fight was a prime example of someone with his talent, not using his head. IMO, Amir has 2 losses, both by KO, as Peterson was just a joke, and even with points, I still had Amir winning. So, with 2 tough losses for him, will Virgil make his wrongs right? I dont know, but with his potential, yall need to stop sounding like hes 37 and winding down.
    There is no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing. Every punch thrown is meant to hurt your opponent. Which is funny because Danny was hitting Khan with that same punch throughout the entire fight. He just caught him nearly perfect that time around because he timed his punches when Khan would attack and stick his head in.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      they were protecting him so well with kotelnik, malignaggi, salita type fights. took a risk with maidana and figured well he made it through that one. he's ready for anyone. wrong. they bought into the maidana hype just like everyone else. they didn't realize he was terrible and had no skill i guess. someone with skill and power put khan to sleep. back to the light punchers for awhile.
      I agree with everything you said except for Maidana being terrible. After the Maidana fight Schaefer got a false sense of confidence in Khan's chin. I really don't think Schaefer know boxing near as well as he thinks he does. Khan was out on his feet but Cortez keeped pulling Maidana of of Khan when Khan was holding on for dear life. Cortez saved Khan from a sure KO in my opinion.Then Schaefer declared that Khan had the best chin in boxing and quit protecting him and started grooming him for a big payday with Mayweather. Now Schaefer knows better and he picked a real softie for Khan's next fight. Khan is fighting an undefeated and totally unproven lightweight that is 5 foot 6 inches tall with no power. Khan will look great KOing this guy in 1 or 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I agree with everything you said except for Maidana being terrible. After the Maidana fight Schaefer got a false sense of confidence in Khan's chin. I really don't think Schaefer know boxing near as well as he thinks he does. Khan was out on his feet but Cortez keeped pulling Maidana of of Khan when Khan was holding on for dear life. Cortez saved Khan from a sure KO in my opinion.Then Schaefer declared that Khan had the best chin in boxing and quit protecting him and started grooming him for a big payday with Mayweather. Now Schaefer knows better and he picked a real softie for Khan's next fight. Khan is fighting an undefeated and totally unproven lightweight that is 5 foot 6 inches tall with no power. Khan will look great KOing this guy in 1 or 2 rounds.
        now that hatton is back a lot of guys aren't gonna take any risks in hopes of landing that big payday and shot at hatton. instead of fighting each other they are gonna fight easy opponents and hope they get their name called.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
          There is no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing. Every punch thrown is meant to hurt your opponent. Which is funny because Danny was hitting Khan with that same punch throughout the entire fight. He just caught him nearly perfect that time around because he timed his punches when Khan would attack and stick his head in.
          What fight were you watching? Danny was getting smacked around until that ONE shot. As for no such thing as lucky shots you say? So i guess Rahim whole game plan was to get dominated, wait for Lennox to smile, swing and get the knockout. Yeah....ill buy that for a dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
            I never knew why Golden Boy never protected Amir Khan like they do with Canelo. Not that I'm complaining. I respect the fact that Amir Khan is facing tough oppositions. But this is just out of curiosity. They were trying to turn Amir Khan into a star.
            Khan has a deep amateur background and a sterling pedigree. By contrast, Canelo has been learning as a pro.

It is appropriate to throw Khan to the wolves at an earlier age.... just like Arum did to Floyd.

By 25, Roy had fought Jomes Toney and Bernard Hopkins*. Fernando vargas fought guys early.
            Victor Ortiz has fought maidana, peterson, berto and Floyd. What is he, 24?

Andre Ward has fought the Murderer's Row of his division. He's 27?

Comment

they were protecting him so well with kotelnik, malignaggi, salita type fights. took a risk with maidana and figured well he made it through that one. he's ready for anyone. wrong. they bought into the maidana hype just like everyone else. they didn't realize he was terrible and had no skill i guess. someone with skill and power put khan to sleep. back to the light punchers for awhile.
              now that hatton is back a lot of guys aren't gonna take any risks in hopes of landing that big payday and shot at hatton. instead of fighting each other they are gonna fight easy opponents and hope they get their name called.
              I think that is Khan's plan. He wants to crush this guy and then be Hatton's next fight. He said if Hatton and I both win our fights then we should fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
                What fight were you watching? Danny was getting smacked around until that ONE shot. As for no such thing as lucky shots you say? So i guess Rahim whole game plan was to get dominated, wait for Lennox to smile, swing and get the knockout. Yeah....ill buy that for a dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zano is right.
                Garcia was trying to land that counter left hook since the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                  They were he didnt lose to top fighters,he lost to b grade fighters
                  Pretty much...

He was suppose to demolish Peterson, but instead struggled... And even if he did get the win, it would have been a hard fought close decision, rather than the one-sided demolition it was suppose to be

Same with Garcia... Khan lost that fight being stupid and unprepared, not becuz Golden Boy was feeding him to the wolves

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                    I never knew why Golden Boy never protected Amir Khan like they do with Canelo. Not that I'm complaining. I respect the fact that Amir Khan is facing tough oppositions. But this is just out of curiosity. They were trying to turn Amir Khan into a star.
                    Who exactly did he fight that was so dangerous? Malignaggi? The only tough fight on paper the kid had was Maidana and he managed to win, so what exactly are you complaining about? Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson don't exactly strike me as tough opposition. Garcia is mostly unproven other than his win over Khan and Peterson lost every round against Bradley, who lost every round against Pacquiao. I guess I'm confused about your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                      People act like Khan was fighting elite fighters..dude lost to ****ing Prescott-who has beaten no damn body....lost to Peterson whos best win is?????..and lost to Garcia whos claim to fame is beating a shot to **** Morales
                      Come on, for one we all know he beat Peterson. You'd have to be a true hater to say he wasn't robbed in that fight. I gave Peterson 4 rounds at best. He one two really good rounds, but even then he never came close to hurting Khan. . .

Prescott has proved he's actually a lot better than we thoguht he was after getting outboxed by Kevin Mitchell. He's really settled in at 147 as a legitimate contender. He's long, rangy, can box behind the jab, and still has a good punch. He was shutting out Alvarado until the last round. . . I know, I know, almost doesn't really count, but I think you can get a good indication of Prescott, and how good he truly is from that fight.

He beat Maidana at a time when NOBODY wanted anything to do with him, and knocked him down with a beautiful body shot - had him rolling around on the canvas clutching at his stomach like a broad having menstrual cramps.

He KNOCKED OUT Judah. . Made him quit, actually from a hellacious body shot. . ****ed him up real proper. . And Judah has shown he's got plenty left.

And yes, he was dominating Garcia. He was too aggressive, and trying to give thte fans a good show, and got caught. He was overcommitting, leading with uppercuts, and ****. We all know he'd beat Garcia in a rematch easily. Garcia never even knocked him out either, he got stopped, and unjustly IMO.

Just wait. . . If Garcia finds his nuts, and gives him a rematch, he'll win every round by just using 1-2's, and moving.

Comment

Working...
                      X