Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone refer to Donaire as a 4 div champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone refer to Donaire as a 4 div champion?

He won world titles at flyweight, bantamweight, and super bantamweight. However, at super flyweight, he only won the interim title by decisioning journeyman Rafael Concepion, then defeated Vargas and Marquez, who were both coming off losses and moving up in weight. It seems that other fighters get called out for their bs title claims, but for some reason Donaire gets a pass.

Cause Donaire is the real deal, simply put. Watch as he devours his opponent this weekend and then smashes Rigo a few months later.

Comment

he is a 3 division champion.......Arce went thru the same thing and had to go back down to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
        Cause Donaire is the real deal, simply put. Watch as he devours his opponent this weekend and then smashes Rigo a few months later.
        Who's alt are you?

Comment

Well, he's not a real 4 division champion. And I think everyone is eager to see the fight with Rigo, except for his promoter.

Comment

All your points to a million of mine he doens't KO Mathebula

Comment

I feel ya, that's why I qualified his 4 div resume in the other thread. I guess one reason is, the undisputed champ had got knocked out badly by Donaire earlier at 112, and the rematch could not be negotiated. I know Vic fights anyone, but I get the impression they weren't eager for the rematch.

So that lends his interim title some legitimacy, like how Gamboa's regular belt might be better than John's super.

Comment

Originally posted by Guamar View Post
                Well, he's not a real 4 division champion. And I think everyone is eager to see the fight with Rigo, except for his promoter.
                The majority of people weren't calling for a Donaire-Rigo clash up until June 9th. Rigo's performance on the Pac-Bradley undercard is what fueled the sudden call for a Rigo fight. Donaire was already signed up to fight this Mathebula guy.

Put it this way. If Donaire's next opponent isn't Rigo, Mares, Moreno or someone along the likes of them, then he can legitly be called a chump. Fair enough?

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                All your points to a million of mine he doens't KO Mathebula
                Sure I'll take it. I guarantee Donaire will stop Mathebula.

Comment

Sure I'll take it. I guarantee Donaire will stop Mathebula.
                  PM/leave a visitor's message reminding me so I don't forget

Comment

The majority of people weren't calling for a Donaire-Rigo clash up until June 9th. Rigo's performance on the Pac-Bradley undercard is what fueled the sudden call for a Rigo fight. Donaire was already signed up to fight this Mathebula guy.

Put it this way. If Donaire's next opponent isn't Rigo, Mares, Moreno or someone along the likes of them, then he can legitly be called a chump. Fair enough?
                    For the sake of his own career, I hope he accepts those fights. He's not getting any younger and he's had too many lulls in his career already.

Comment

Working...
                    X