Dawson should drop Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you made this thread u most clearly do not know Chad Dawson

Comment

Dawsons just not that good, he boxes well on the outside but just cant close the show.

Scully's advise in the corner seemed very good but Dawson wasnt really using it

Comment

TOTALLY DISAGREE!

Dawson was aggressive the entire fight and looked motivated, it is nothing you need to do with Dawson physically, he is already and excellent and skilled fighter, for him it is just MENTAL

I thought Dawson did everything right to win that figh and I thought they had the right gameplan to deal with B-Hop very difficult style

A Killer Instinct against B-Hop is STUPID, your not going to KNOCK OUT B-Hop, too clever and the old man is still pretty quick

I think Dawson does have a killer instinct, but he doesn't FORCE IT TO COME OUT and he shouldn't, especially when your out-boxing your opponent and is way up on the cards

So fans just want to see a KO, but the fighters Dawson fight are not fighters you can easily KO, look at the guy Resume, he haven't had a EASY FIGHT since 2007 against Mendoza which he did score a KO but after that your talking about:

Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver twice, Glen Johnson again, Pascal, Adrian Diaconu, B-Hop Twice...none of those fighters have never been Knocked Out Their Entire Career other then Glen Johnson way back in 97' BY Hopkins

so is it really a "LACK OF A KILLER INSTINCT" or could it have more to do with the quality of opponents he faces...B-Hop has barely hit the Canvas most of his career, did people really expect Dawson to stop B-Hop?
        Last edited by sicko; 04-29-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          He was already with Steward and it didn't work out there is something to say about continuity and having a trainers full time Steward is too busy with other fighters
          and he looked like he found the right style for him against diaconu, they only split bcuz they couldnt agree on where to train at. dawson maintained that steward is a great traainer and they both said they might work with eachother again. they should imo.

im very well aweare of how hopkins makes fighters look and what he brings to the table but theres a first time for everything. the man was hurt badly twice in his last fight and down twice the fight before that. hes still difficult to put away but the one man who has what it takes is dawson, or maybe not but he didnt fight at his best regardless.

Comment

Scully was on point 100%.... A lot of the lapses was just Chad being Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              and he looked like he found the right style for him against diaconu, they only split bcuz they couldnt agree on where to train at. dawson maintained that steward is a great traainer and they both said they might work with eachother again. they should imo.

im very well aweare of how hopkins makes fighters look and what he brings to the table but theres a first time for everything. the man was hurt badly twice in his last fight and down twice the fight before that. hes still difficult to put away but the one man who has what it takes is dawson, or maybe not but he didnt fight at his best regardless.
              That's nonsense. I know John well and I've spoken to Chad about this. Chad just doesn't like Steward's training style. He said he wasn't hands on enough, didn't do enough hard sparring, which is what he likes. Chad is a full grown man, he knows what he wants and knows so much better than you.

He's with Scully because he's happy with Scully. That's enough for me.

One question. Who won the fight last night?

Comment

LOL scully did great. Dawson for some reason just does not let his hands go. Scully was begging dawson to throw more. He couldn't have told dawson any better advice.

Comment

Impossible to look good against Bernard especially when his head is there to hit you with. Scully had to keep Chad focussed and he did, he wanted to give advises but Bernard isn't something you can emulate in the gym so you go with the flow. Scully is a product from Mac Buckleys Gym in Hartford Ct. and the emphasis there was clean fast boxing and utilizing multiple jabbing and combination work along with foot work for defensive purposes. Chad is from the New Haven Ct. gym known as Ring One and trained by Brian Clark who has the same basic philosophy. Certain areas of the country have different approaches to boxing and ofcourse different gyms use different tactics too. The two Ct. gyms are simular in many ways because Mac and I (former head trainer at Ring One) were in competition with each other for years and often worked in the same corners in the amatuers and pros. Chad feeling comfortable with Scully is easily understandable because of their backgrounds being simular.
                  I don't know Chad at all but I could hear the frustration and concern on Scully voice in between rounds just to employ that his hands be high and they be moving. Not much direction if any as far as punch choices just to keep punches in front of Bernard. Very tuff fight as to strategies when you face someone who thinks hes intitled to win just by showing up (Bernard).
                  As I said on another thread the ref looked good, he had some shakey rounds but finished strong! Ray

Comment

Steward dont wanna train no lazy bum like Dawson. Dude only wants to train in his neighborhood and wont get away from his "temptations", So the only choice is to get a yes man who will train him in his own town.... not saying Scully is bad or anything

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                      no, just no

Comment

Working...
                      X