No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Hand Injury Update, Chisora May Land a Break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius Hand Injury Update, Chisora May Land a Break

Newly crowned EBU heavyweight champion Robert Helenius' hand injury appears to be worse than it was initially reported. Nothing is broken but there appears to be a hairline fracture in the right hand. It now appears that Alexander Dimitrenko has relinquished his position as the mandatory challenger to Helenius' title, and that means Dereck Chisora (15-2, 9KOs) can secure this position but whether or not he can force the EBU to order an immediate rematch with Helenius (17-0, 11KOs) is a different story.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even though Chisora got robbed I have to give major props to the Nordic for fighting through the injury.

Would like to see a rematch.

Comment

There really wasn't much of a difference between Helenius in that fight as opposed to his last couple other then he ended the show with a devastating KO and this time he didn't which the injury could of played a factor in. He will always be a danger with his power but unless he develops a jab and some wrinkles he'll be a fringe top ten guy.

Chisora well depends on which guy shows up that one would be a handful if he indeed has the chin to fight coming forward with such a high workrate there aren't too many bigs that could match that pace.

Comment

Dimitrenko is a giant p*ssy. Maybe the biggest joke in all of boxing.

Comment

chisora won by at least 3 rounds, rematch at the 02 arena would be good

Comment

He claimed that his right hand was broken after the Chisora fight turns out it's only a fracture My mom went 2 days without realising she'd broken her hand guess they dont make em that tough no more

Comment

Originally posted by Russ James
              "Fracture" is the word that the medical profession uses for what we laymen call a break. In other words, his hand was broken.
              A hair line fracture dose not mean a broken hand you need to sue who ever taught you anything about medicine

Comment

Originally posted by Russ James
                Actually it does. A "hairline fracture" (also called a "closed fracture" or a "simple fracture") is a typical break, while a "compound fracture" is a complete break of the bone where one or more parts of the bone break through the skin.

This is WebMD's definition of a fracture:

"A fracture is the medical term for a broken bone."

You can read more here: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/u...ic-information.

Helenius fought most of the fight with a broken hand and still acquitted himself well - he should win a rematch easily.
                I stand corrected I was under the impression that a hair line fracture is a slight breakage in the continuity of the bone and the treatment is much less serious than a compound fracture.

I now realise that a broken bone is not a formal orthopedic term. Props to Helenius for carrying on even though he was still throwing the right during the fight but he did clearly lose that fight.

Comment

Working...
                X