Comments Thread For: Stevenson, Bellew Agree To Terms, Avoid Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson, Bellew Agree To Terms, Avoid Purse Bid

By Jake Donovan

Terms have been reached for Adonis Stevenson to face Tony Bellew, thus satisfying the mandatory challenger obligations.

A date and venue is forthcoming, though will come after a scheduled optional defense on September 28 in Montreal. The good news for both sides is that a scheduled July 26 purse bid is now avoided.

"There will be no purse bid because we have reach an agreement with Bellew's camp," confirmed Yvon Michel, Stevenson's promoter, in an e-mail reply. "The mandatory fight will be held within 90 days after the optional title defense granted by the WBC to Stevenson. This optional title fight is schedule for September 28 in Montreal.

So, the Stevenson/Bellew fight will be held in Canada before end of December. As you can see, "Superman" intends to be a very active light heavyweight champion!" [Click Here To Read More]

Two average fighters, two suspect chins, two limited fighters.

Should be a decent fight while it lasts.

Comment

Has there ever been two lesser fighters contesting for a linear title?

Comment

Stevenson a clear favourite for me but Bellew's a live dog because of his length/power combination. Sort of like a weird version of Haye-Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLARflare View Post
          Has there ever been two lesser fighters contesting for a linear title?
          Judah-Baldomir maybe in recent years?

Really not sure.

But it's definitely up there, that is for sure.

Comment

Not bad...

Comment

Would be very surprised if Bellew won this. He is not world class. Stevenson has looked good for a while and finally proved his quality against Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Judah-Baldomir maybe in recent years?

Really not sure.

But it's definitely up there, that is for sure.
                That was the only other fight that comes to mind, and both these guys are better than Baldy but I would consider Judah to be better than them. Tough call. Maybe Baldy/Gatti? I hate to say that about Arturo, but...

Comment

Bellew will get put to sleep if not he will get a nasty beating until the fight gets stopped.

Comment

I got bellew in this one, let's hope he pulls it off

Comment

Working...
                    X