Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd have maintained the shoulder roll against Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give it to Duran at 135, but Mayweather at 147.

Mayweather seems to be more natural from 140-154, while Duran is from 135-147.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      he came in over the limit and was fined he was to make 144 CW and came in 146...they allowed him to stay a 146 and JMM at 142lbs. Although Floyd was fined! He came in over 150 lbs on the unofficial scales on fight night!! Some experts believe it was higher! being Floyd refused to let HBO weigh him on fight night! So Floyd weighed way more than Manny did doofus!
      He is reported to come in well over 150, closer to 158, and he never allows fight time weigh ins so that he can keep up the fiction of being so much lighter than his opponents, whenn, i many cases he's heavier.

As for the Marquez fight, it is a matter of common knowledge that Marquez hit 142 on the nose and Myweather was to be 144, but shirked it and was 146. he paid a fine of $300,000per lb, so Marquez added $600,000 to his share of the purse. This site published this information about 10 times over a few weeks.

Comment

this is a question that doesn't have a correct answer...so nobody can be wrong in this thread...just sayin!!

Duran's prime was before my time!!

Comment

Floyd's shoulder role would stop him from taking an utter beating but Duran wouldn't be too bothered by it. The number of punches Roberto used to throw, combined with the ferocity and power would be enough to make Floyd go into a defensive shell from which his offence would be severely limited. I actually think Duran has the ability to KO Floyd at 135 or 147, Duran beat a prime SRL at 147, one of the greatest WWs of all time. Floyd isn't half the fighter Leonard was.

Comment

I think Floyd could do it but if he made any mistakes in that fight he could get slowed down , opened up and caught. Tough one to call.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              He is reported to come in well over 150, closer to 158, and he never allows fight time weigh ins so that he can keep up the fiction of being so much lighter than his opponents, whenn, i many cases he's heavier.

As for the Marquez fight, it is a matter of common knowledge that Marquez hit 142 on the nose and Myweather was to be 144, but shirked it and was 146. he paid a fine of $300,000per lb, so Marquez added $600,000 to his share of the purse. This site published this information about 10 times over a few weeks.
              Please, show these reports.

He came to the ring at 150 Lbs against Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                I disagree, I think there is a very clear difference in the strategy and approach he employed in the second fight. I was just watching Sugar Ray's Greatest Hits last week and he was going over both of these fights. I am pretty much repeating what his take on the two matches was. I feel like he kept Duran turning and at a distance better for him most of the second fight.
                Yeah, like I said he changed his style a little and adusted a little. But at the same time, he still got into a scrap at times but that was always his nature.

The point is, he didn't fight Duran's fight the first fight. He fought his usual fight and was beaten by the better man.

Comment

I don't think Floyd would stray from it too much. The fight would end up on the inside though and it would mostly be Duran from there. Mayweather's jab isn't consistent or hard enough to keep Duran at bay.

Duran's feints, his combos would just be too much IMO

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Please, show these reports.

He came to the ring at 150 Lbs against Victor Ortiz.
                    Still no response about when Floyd came in at 158.

Comment

Working...
                    X