Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    there are people who aren't floyd fans and they are bigging up canelo.

if floyd were to announced he was fighting guerrero, watch how many people say he would be ducking canelo.
    oh believe me i know that group thats the mexican fans who only root for mexican fighters i know what there about. At the end of the day floyd is the favorite over any fighter from 154 and below except for maybe martinez which is why i want to see that fight because sergio is definetly fast enough and slick enough to beat floyd and has a great jab. The only other dude at 154 who would be a problem is trout. Canelo will get eaten in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Since when does Canelo "rush in".... hes actually one of the more patient fighters in boxing which is impressive because of his age.

Who is better than Canelo right now?

Maybe Martinez?
      Better at 154? id say molina,kirkland,trout, and lara are all more proven than canelo.

Comment

• I wouldnt favor any one of them vs Canelo, I like Laras skills but he gasses, Kirkland? Mr punching bag, Trout beat a worn down blown up Cotto coming off a loss... Canelo beats Trout.

Comment

• Using the eye test, yes Canelo has good IQ for his age and is a good fighter. What he does well I don't think it will effect Floyd all that much though.

Left hook won't really be there and he should be able to move laterally away from Canelo using superior footwork so he won't get caught with combos. Nelo isn't exactly hard to hit. Admittedly can't recall what Canelo's inside game looks like, but Mayweather will probably want to avoid that to an extent because Canelo's heavy blows will waste stamina.

Comment

I wouldnt favor any one of them vs Canelo, I like Laras skills but he gasses, Kirkland? Mr punching bag, Trout beat a worn down blown up Cotto coming off a loss... Canelo beats Trout.
            I respect your opinion but disagree im not convinced how good canelo is i guess ill find out in the mayweather fight.

My predicton is a unanimous decison from floyd with 119-109 across the board.

Comment

• They need to build the kid up more. When he inevitably loses people will just dismiss him as an overrated hype job.

Comment

• Ive got Floyd to win the fight, but I also dont have anyone better than Canelo to fight him other than Martinez, and even thats a stretch, whens the last time Martinez made 154? And hes 38?

One hit wonder Trout beating practically DONE Cotto doesnt do much for me.. kirkland can be hit at will, Lara would make for a nice tactical fight for six rounds until he gasses and gets frustrated.

Comment

• I don't believe this at all until it's signed. Highly doubt Mayweather takes the Canelo fight when there's the Safe Guerrero around the corner.

If Mayweather Fights Canelo, this will be the first time hes's taken a legit challenge in many years. I will give Floyd all the credit in the world for taking this fight, even if he loses.

Lets hope it gets made for the sake of boxing.

Comment

Ive got Floyd to win the fight, but I also dont have anyone better than Canelo to fight him other than Martinez, and even thats a stretch, whens the last time Martinez made 154? And hes 38?

One hit wonder Trout beating practically DONE Cotto doesnt do much for me.. kirkland can be hit at will, Lara would make for a nice tactical fight for six rounds until he gasses and gets frustrated.
                    yet you like Canelo who hasn't really beaten anybody... interesting tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      That happened in 2009. Floyd is a flat footed fighter now.
                      12th round, cotto fight.... uh yeah sure

Comment

Working...
                      X