No announcement yet.

Dwyer's view of Maidana Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
    I did not say Khan has a better chin now that he is at 140. All that I stated was he is much stronger at this weight class. OK we all know he has not fought anybody with any real power since Prescott and we all have to wait and see how his chin is coping because Maidana is sure to land a lot of hard shots and that is when we can make a distinct judgement on Khans capabilities to take punches to his chin.

And how did you come to the conclusion that Ortiz is a harder puncher than Amir Khan? There is absolutely no evidence that shows Ortiz being the harder puncher and it just looks like you are adding bs to make your points seem more favorable for Maidana.

And what fight were you watching when you claim that Khan's back leg was twitching when he got hit by Prescott's 'Jab'? It was clearly a left hook that got Khan twitching and as much as you would love to fabricate bs to make your points, those left hooks weren't meant to just tickle Khan's chin. Those shots would have caught many fighters when they are still cold.

You obviously have a thing for Amir Khan and you can not hide your feelings under your sugar coating.
    i dont think maidana is sure to land loads of shots on khans chin. I think Khan is gonna make him look silly by blocking and dodging his shots.

If Maidana lands 2 good shots on khans chin, hes going to sleep, but i dont think hes gonna be able to land them

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
      Get in the real world in stead of sugar coated Khan spin dream land . How CAN YOU NOT see that Ortiz hits harder than Khan. Khan is faster but listen to the heavy thuds of Ortiz and is obvious to anybody with and idea that Ortiz is the heavier hitter.

Go to 33 on this video of Khan Prescott and watch the effect of the jab. Lets see YOU fabricate your way out of that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shUqYIkMXu0
      My bad I thought you were talking about the twitch straight before the first knock down. But if you are thinking Amir Khan is the same as he was 3 years ago then you are just naive. But fair enough, he looked quite terrible against Prescott but I for sure am not going to base my judgements solely of that fight alone. Don't you think he has worked on his resistance training over the past 3 years? Even Manny Pacquiao was getting stunned by Marquez and Morales. Look at the dude right now. Don't get me twisted, Manny Pacquiao is a different breed and Amir Khan is definitely no Manny but lets not act like Amir Khan is never going to develop his ability to take shots.

Like I have said we shall see exactly how Amir can cope with Maidana's bombs.

And for the Ortiz arguement, you must be joking right? You are basing your judgement from the sound of the thud? Lol.

Comment

Not sure why people are trying to debate with john,hes a khan hater so their is absolute no point in trying to have a decent discussion with him

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
          My bad I thought you were talking about the twitch straight before the first knock down. But if you are thinking Amir Khan is the same as he was 3 years ago then you are just naive. But fair enough, he looked quite terrible against Prescott but I for sure am not going to base my judgements solely of that fight alone. Don't you think he has worked on his resistance training over the past 3 years? Even Manny Pacquiao was getting stunned by Marquez and Morales. Look at the dude right now. Don't get me twisted, Manny Pacquiao is a different breed and Amir Khan is definitely no Manny but lets not act like Amir Khan is never going to develop his ability to take shots.

Like I have said we shall see exactly how Amir can cope with Maidana's bombs.

And for the Ortiz arguement, you must be joking right? You are basing your judgement from the sound of the thud? Lol.
          SP1, The problem is YOU CAN"T work on your chin . It is like a DNA fingerprint. You either have one or you don't. Khan is a lot better boxer than he was 3 years ago but no matter how much better he gets as a boxer if he gets caught IMO it is good night. But if the maidana fight lasts a bit it will show then.
          I still cant get my head round how anyone can't see that Ortiz is the harder hitter. I started a thread on it. It will be interesting to see how the poll pans out.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=434625
          Last edited by John Hue; 11-01-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
            SP1, The problem is YOU CAN"T work on your chin . It is like a DNA fingerprint. You either have one or you don't. Khan is a lot better boxer than he was 3 years ago but no matter how much better he gets as a boxer if he gets caught IMO it is good night. But if the maidana fight lasts a bit it will show then.
            I still cant get my head round how anyone can't see that Ortiz is the harder hitter. I started a thread on it. It will be interesting to see how the poll pans out.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=434625
            Sure you can not work on your chin but surely you can work on your leg work and neck work. Floyd Mayweather does those neck training exercises with the weights and he stated that he does those because that exercise improves his resistance to those punches to the chin a la Shane Mosley fight when he nearly went down in the second.

Ariza has stated plenty of times that leg work is probably the key to resisting knock out punches. Manny's calves are virtually bigger than his biceps lol and it has a significant impact on the resistance of a fighter.

You are right in saying you can not work the chin but there are ways of moving around that problem and work on those areas which can at lease compensate for the lack of chin resistance.

I think that this fight is very exciting because it is not every day you get to see 2 extremely talented fighter going at it and where they have still to reach their peak. Same goes with Alexander and Bradley.

Lol and lets see how the poll turns out assuming there are people who are bothered to vote.

Comment

Working...
            X