No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Provodnikov: I Would Be Really Tough For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Provodnikov: I Would Be Really Tough For Mayweather

Hard-hitting WBO junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov is confident that he could present a very tough challenge to WBC/WBA welterweight king Floyd Mayweather Jr. (46-0, 26KOs).

Provodnikov liked what he saw in Marcos Maidana's spirited effort against Mayweather earlier this month at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Maidana gave Mayweather fits and lost a close twelve round majority decision. Provodnikov feels he can do just as good, if not better, than Maidana.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Hard-hitting WBO junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov is confident that he could present a very tough challenge to WBC/WBA welterweight king Floyd Mayweather Jr. (46-0, 26KOs).

Provodnikov liked what he saw in Marcos Maidana's spirited effort against Mayweather earlier this month at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Maidana gave Mayweather fits and lost a close twelve round majority decision. Provodnikov feels he can do just as good, if not better, than Maidana.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    besides power i don't see how else he would pose a problem. he would get a few rounds for showing spirit ala maidaina but will get out boxed severely. provo is less awkward so it will be even clearer.

Comment

Sorry Provo, you'll be fighting mandatories and nobodies for the rest of your career, you hit too hard.

Comment

Watching this brought tears to my eyes.

"I'm the champion of the World. I don't believe it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGojsLa7f8A
        Last edited by jas; 05-25-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Meh, he doesn't really deserve a Floyd fight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            Watching this brought tears to my eyes.

"I'm the champion of the World. I don't believe it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGojsLa7f8A
            I almost shed a tear when he was calling for his mother after the fight ended.
            Ruslan is a true champ.

Comment

I wouldn't have said this a month ago, but if Floyd fought Ruslan like he fought Marcos, yes, he'd be in trouble.

Comment

I really hope Marquez doesn't take the fight, so we can see a Pacquiao vs. Provodnikov fight. I would've been real fu*ked up if Alvarado had won the fight and got a shot at Manny before Ruslan! Luckily Marquez stopped that train! However, Ruslan would be thoroughly outboxed by Floyd. He wouldn't be hurt, but he's not as big as Maidana, and his punches are easier to see. I would really love to see Maidana vs. Ruslan more than anything!

Comment

Floyd will choose the pillows for Ruslan.

Comment

It would be a tough fight but Provodinknov needs how to get down low and slip punches you can't just walk in like Hatton did face first or you will eat a lot of right hands. Madania did enough to win in my eyes but if you look at those scores it seems you need a knock out and we know if your a puncher you get pillow gloves. I wonder if Marquez fought him again would he get pillow gloves ?

Comment

Working...
                    X