No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson's Promoter on Leaving HBO For Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson's Promoter on Leaving HBO For Showtime

Promoter Yvon Michel has issued a statement regarding the decision made by his company GYM, and WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson, to take the May 24th clash with Andrzej Fonfara to Showtime. Stevenson was showcased several times by HBO in 2013. The network had hoped to match him in a unification with WBO champion Sergey Kovalev in 2014. Now Stevenson may be heading in another direction with his Showtime debut in May.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lol the pimp has ran away from fighting like a man***8230; pu$$y haha

Comment

Showtime is investing in Stevenson for Hopkins, that's fine. He's a bigger challenge than Shumenov anyway.

I wonder who they'll have him fight at LHW after Hopkins, win or lose.

They're as depleted as HBO in that weight class.

Don't know if Espinosa burnt bridges, but Schaeffer certainly has

Comment

Sounds like Stevenson might be signing a multi-fight deal with Showtime. If that's true then Stevenson v Kovalev is most likely dead and buried for 2014.

Comment

scared of Kovalev

Comment

****ting in the pants is called business decision nowadays ?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Sounds like Stevenson might be signing a multi-fight deal with Showtime. If that's true then Stevenson v Kovalev is most likely dead and buried for 2014.
              Oh well, HBO didn't want to take a leap of faith without a guarantee. They miss out on a great fight.

Showtime gonna be spending some money on this though, and I know they'll hit a stump when they talk about splits and what not.

I just hope they don't try to make this PPV to help cover the costs.

Canada sure, U.S.....no.

Comment

B-Hop to become P4P #1 after an "epic fight" with the pimp...

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Oh well, HBO didn't want to take a leap of faith without a guarantee. They miss out on a great fight.

Showtime gonna be spending some money on this though, and I know they'll hit a stump when they talk about splits and what not.

I just hope they don't try to make this PPV to help cover the costs.

Canada sure, U.S.....no.
                  I'm thinking that they will have to put this as a headline PPV or the very least a Co feature of a PPV fight.

Comment

Man the immaturity of the networks and the promoters are really ruining boxing.

I was looking forward to a Kovalev vs Stevenson fight

Comment

Working...
                    X