Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ripped

ok....

I got alot of workin out to do...

Im 19 6'1" and weigh a buck 35 soakin wet....My metabolism is bitchin.

I want to gain alot of muscle mass. My goal is around 180-190

SOOOOOO..... This is my plan....
    • buy gym membership....done
      change diet to eat a ****load of food every day...done
      Full body work out 5 days a week...in process
      gain 50 - 60 pounds...incomplete

What the hell can i do to make this go faster? or will my diet protein shakes and working out just do it naturally....No steroids....*****s

Re: getting ripped

Originally posted by aarone
    ok....

Wes Simms?

Comment

wes simms?

Comment

if you haven't worked out in awhile then take it easy cause you need to get your muscles in tone to lifting. i'd say just focus on light reps for the first 2 weeks.

then, step it up and eventually focus in on short & heavy sets. take decent breaks in between sets. my buddy alan is pretty into bulking up so i'll get some more detailed feedback from him on monday.

Comment

maybe try some supplements?

Comment

If you're just getting into it or "getting back" into it... then take it slow at first. Dont burn yourself out, burning yourself out leads to losing movivation. Also, I dont suggest a full body work out everyday unless its training(ie. jiu jitsu, kickboxing, boxing, fight training, etc.). Otherwise, don't over exert your body by doin 3-4 reps of every muscle in your body. Space it out. If you're lifting weights.... (this is just an example) do one day of legs and abs, one day of arms and shoulders, one day of chest and back, etc. I'm sure you get the point. Don't try to squeeze them all in the same day. You will actually lose muscle by tearing at em too much and/ or eventually give up. Its a proven fact. I don't care how motivated you are right now, don't go balls to the wall. Gradually get yourself there. The results will be more satisfying in the long run. Trust me.

And when you say "eat alot"... I hope you don't mean crap food. If you're eating crap food (ie. fast food) to gain weight then you're doin it all wrong. That helps you gain weight in an unhealthy manner. Not good. If you need something to help you gain the weight, take a weight gainer with high calories. Also, if you're going to train and work out normally...... make sure you get your balance of carbs and protiens. Don't overdue it either. Eat good. Protien is good to repair and rebuild muscle and carbs are good to give you the energy you need for your workouts. Its gonna take you a while to gain 50-60 lbs, and I would suggest not rushing it. As long as you can work out a good diet and excersize/ workout plan and don't give up.... you'll reach your goals.

Comment

well my diet consists of small amounts of junk and fast food....but i squeeze alot of food into my three meals aday....those are the healthy home cooked kind

Comment

Re: getting ripped

Originally posted by aarone
                ok....

I got alot of workin out to do...

I want to gain alot of muscle mass. My goal is around 180-190

SOOOOOO..... This is my plan....
                • buy gym membership....done
                  change diet to eat a ****load of food every day...done
                  Full body work out 5 days a week...in process
                  gain 50 - 60 pounds...incomplete

What the hell can i do to make this go faster? or will my diet protein shakes and working out just do it naturally....No steroids....*****s
                First off I need to know... are you training just to gain weight and look good, or are you training to gain some weight and then do MMA? Let me know and I'll go into more detail with my answers. Until then, here's some basic advice for you that will help you in many ways.

1. Don't do 5 full body workouts a week. By week 3 you'll quit if you aren't already injured.

2. Workout 3-4 times a week (if you arent doing a sport or something like BJJ or muay thai etc.) Workout balls to the wall.

3. Do squats and deadlifts. If you don't know what these are I can help you.

4. Do a very basic routine for a few months. Get used to the lifts.

5. Start out using light weights. If you go heavy too fast, trying to look cool, you will have bad form and not reap the benefits. There is also a good chance of you getting injured.

6. Don't listen to the idiots at the gym. Lots of people know what they're talking about, but lots of guys also have no idea. Pay no attention to the moron doing 5 sets of 20-rep side raises.

7. Eat a ****load of protein every day. Since you're looking to gain weight, I'd also suggest eating a high amount of carbohydrates. Just don't eat too much horse**** or you'll get real fat. Remember, you will gain some fat, its only natural when you're gaining weight. You can take care of that later on. Do not fear the occasional Big Mac.

8. Never, EVER worry about "Feeling the pump." The pump doesn't mean ****. Sometimes too much of a "pump" means you are over-working your muscle.

9. Sign up for the www.defrancostraining.com newsletter. Sign up for the www.brookskubik.com newsletter. If you want some good books, try "Dinosaur Training" by Brooks Kubik and "Getting Stronger" by Bill Pearl.

10. After about 4 months of training, if you are comftorable with doing squats, check out 20 rep squats. Theres loads of information on it on the internet and even a book about it. This is a great way to gain weight.

That's pretty much it. You're a tall guy so I must stress that you PLEASE learn to do squats correctly. PLEASE find someone who knows what they're doing, possibly a powerlifter or a reputable trainer/coach to show you the correct deadlift and squat technique.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS HIT ME UP!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, Aarone..

Chzeck it brother...

This all depends on how serious you are, and as Stain said... what your ultamite goal is. IF you're mad serious about this, don't eat the small amounts of crap food except for 1 time a week. You're body needs this as it is proven that 90% of the time someone throws thier body through a dramatic change... they will want it more due to habit, and eventually quit. You don't want that type of imbalance by doing it then stopping, doing it, then stopping. If you're serious.... its gotta be a lifestyle. I would suggest eating good 6 times a week and 1 day a week... eat whatever the hell you want, however you want. You're body will crave it otherwise, and this also gives your body something to look forward to without quitting cold turkey and putting your body through a huge change.

Eat good and eat 5-6 times a day. Small portions. Leveling your eating habits throughout the day levels out almost everything... your attitude, your energy, the way you perform on a daily basis. This brings us back to my last post, thats where you would endure more protein based foods and drinks, etc and before working out enduring more carbohydrates for energy, and before sleeping... enduring some more protien as when your body is resting is when it is repairing itself. You have to work your food to work with your body. Again, if you are very serious about this, you gotta live by the saying... "you are what you eat".

IF you're not that serious and just want to bulk up quick and get big and don't care about carrying that fatigue with you for the rest of your life, then sure... do it unhealthy and quick. Quick is never the answer. Its just half steppin if you ask me. You can get all "bulked up" and pack on 50lbs in fat and muscle water, "perpetual pumps" from lifting weights, as Stain said "to look cool", as if you're in a model showcase at the gym, and you're not. You're not there to look "cool", you're there to kick some ass and take names!! **** the guys that look big and slam 20 reps of 300lbs within 5 seconds and "appear" to be big. People like that think they're something, then they run into someone that does take it serious and lives it... that guy benchin them 300lbs is gettin his ass kicked up and down the street, no problem..... bigger, thiner, uglier, smaller, dumber, whatever. When you rush **** like that, all you're doing is building up momentum to get the next rep up. Where is he workin his muscles to actually pick it up each time and hold it? You don't build muscle by picking something up and swinging your arms back n forth and/or up n down.

The question goes back to how serious you are and what your goals are. If its not you, then its not you, if you really dont care, then you dont care.... thats all on you.

Just some constructive critisism and truth. Take it as you will, just giving my opinions and advice. Wish you the best of luck in whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Btw, great advice Stain. Keep training hard bro!

Comment

werd!

Thanx alot guys that is exactly what i want to do....i want to kick ass hardcore and take names....I hate those nasty guys with all the stretch marks and ****....I just want to be muscular and not disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                    X