No announcement yet.

** Tommy Hearns, could have been the best ever...**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Tommy Hearns, could have been the best ever...**

If Tommy Hearns had a chin....he would have been the best ever, he had it all speed, power, very underestimated boxing skills.....he had guts and he wanted to fight the best...regardless...no games ...no bull****...

He fought 26 rounds with one of the top 10 ATG's on anyones list, and got the best out of him winning more rounds and outboxing the boxer if you ad all the those 26 rounds together, Tommy wouldhave won by UD on points...

He got shafted by History, yet he gave us the best 3 rounds in boxing against MMH, he stood toe to toe for 3 rounds, takes no prisioners fight against Hagler....something that SRL didn't do...He outboxed the incredible Wilfred El Radar Benitez, a master technician...he destroyed Duran in 2 rounds...2 rounds with one of the mnost devastating right hands I ever seen...that was electric...he detroyed with one punch the great Pipino Cuevas...yet he is not talk at the same level as the SRL and Hagler...

In all honesty , Hearns, SRL and Hagler should be considered equals in history , not one better than the other one in an ATG list they should all be equal, with Duran possibly ahead of then for what he did a LW and the fact that he was the oleder and smaller of the group, but that;s arguable...what we can argued is that Hearns was an incredible odity that was not given a solid chin, but yet transcended on the sport by his power and boxing skills.

hearns biggest problems was his inexperience agaisnst leanord he was just 22 and neer went 15 b4

Comment

Originally posted by shortright View Post
      hearns biggest problems was his inexperience agaisnst leanord he was just 22 and neer went 15 b4

Hearns was a special boxer....SRL was too...but Hearns was pure excitment inisde the 16 ropes!!!

Comment

Gerald McClellan walked right through Hearns' best right hand.
        Steward was shocked..

Comment

I loved Tommy Hearns. Thought he was the best of the big 4. At least the most exciting. That KO of Duran ranks as one of the most brutal of all-time. As far as best ever thats like saying if Pernell Whitaker could punch hed be the best ever. Just didnt happen that way.

Comment

Eubank says "Thomas Hearns" was the best fighter he's seen in his lifetime.

Comment

Gerarg Mcclellan Would Of Really Been The Best.. Roy Jones And Emmanuel Steward Both Had Said This.. I Still Blame That Ref For What Happened.. He Should Of Never Went Over There To Fight .. And Thats Why Roy Never Would

Comment

Originally posted by Hopkins#1 View Post
                I loved Tommy Hearns. Thought he was the best of the big 4. At least the most exciting. That KO of Duran ranks as one of the most brutal of all-time. As far as best ever thats like saying if Pernell Whitaker could punch hed be the best ever. Just didnt happen that way.

No really because, Hearns had it all, and maybe I should not have said that he didn't have a chin, let just said a better chin...Pernell was great, not the gretest but right up there.....Tommy Hearns was the closet to SRR that we have seen since SRR....

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
                  Gerarg Mcclellan Would Of Really Been The Best.. Roy Jones And Emmanuel Steward Both Had Said This.. I Still Blame That Ref For What Happened.. He Should Of Never Went Over There To Fight .. And Thats Why Roy Never Would
                  That is why nobody want to go to brit.

the G-Man is one of the p4p fighter in my list but i dont know other guy.

he traded with ****in Julian Jackson the p4p most powerful puncher

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                    That is why nobody want to go to brit.

the G-Man is one of the p4p fighter in my list but i dont know other guy.

he traded with ****in Julian Jackson the p4p most powerful puncher
                    Man you guys are all cought up on this P4P BS, get it straight there's ONLY ONE P4P IN BOXING AND THAT SRR that's it!!!!

BTW, in similar fashion to Bowe v. Holyfield, Jackson v. McClellan, never the same after these 2 fights, specially McClellan won the fights but at very high price and it took Nigel Benn to show it to the world, the damage that destroyed McClellan was n0ot by Benn but the fights with Jackson....

Comment

Working...
                    X