Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch, Kessler, Johnson, Abraham - which fighters beat weight-drained 168 Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    True, that crossed my mind earlier too, coach Scully even hinted quite a few times before the fight that there was a possibility Dawson would be weight-drained, simply because Dawson was going back down to 168 after being settled at 175 for a long time, so Dawson's reaction to the weight fluctuation was indeterminable. He was on a few radio shows being interviewed when I heard his take.
    You don't need to read much into it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkboxi...-badly-vs-ward

For real, I asked, was Dawson weight-drained?

"Unbelievably," Scully told me.

And when did you know this?

"A couple weeks ago," Scully said.

Comment

considering ward kd'd dawson with the first flush punch, they all likely ko dawson, except for green, probabley doesn't land anything good enough, since he's yaknow, not that good

Comment

If your'e getting dropped multiple times by Ward then it's safe to say your in trouble against the hard hitters of the division

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I suggest reading what coach Scully said.
          His coach is the most biased person around Dawson.

Scully would never publicly state that Dawson got his ass beat because he is not as good as Ward, the reason is that he cares for him.
          Any boxer will tell you that the bond between the coach and the fighter is a special bond.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
            His coach is the most biased person around Dawson.

Scully would never publicly state that Dawson got his ass beat because he is not as good as Ward, the reason is that he cares for him.
            Any boxer will tell you that the bond between the coach and the fighter is a special bond.
            The same story came from sparringpartners. Dawson spent more time in the sauna than training.

Comment

all of them... even the 160 sergio martinez beats that 168 dawson...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Well, your take on the Green fight is an opinion without any evidence to substantiate. The logical conclusion is that Ward was unable to KO Green like Kessler and Johnson. He simply does not possess the same power as those two and his record in 26 fights attests to that.

But because Dawson was weight-drained he was ripe for being KO'd. In some ways the fact Ward didn't finish the job much earlier is more evidence towards his lack of power, arguably Froch, Kessler and Johnson would have ended it sooner.
                My evidence is my boxing knowledge

In the green fight ward did not swing or throw his punches with all his weight, or did he kill him from distance with hard straight punches.
                He just got up close and mauled Greeen to death, if you have ever been fighting then you will know that there is no worse beating then getting mauled by a stronger guy.

And besides that Ward landed enourgh to send Green to the hospital.

When that is said, I agree that kesslers straight punches and Froch`s uppercuts and hooks are stronger and dos more damaged.

Comment

I have a better question. Which fighter won the Super Six AND beat Chad Dawson convincingly?

Only 1, baby.
                  Last edited by PinoyNation; 10-09-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    The same story came from sparringpartners. Dawson spent more time in the sauna than training.
                    Same thing, the are biased

The only one that knows if the weight affected Dawson is Dawson.
                    I have boxed at middelweight, lightheavy and cruiser, and I am it sure as hell the only one that knows have my body feels at the different weights.

Comment

Froch is the only guy I could give a chance. Slight edge to Dawson.

Comment

Working...
                      X