is this car worth it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell no.........a 95 with 187 k miles...**** should be $500

Comment

Lol, as knowledgeable as my good man BOMBS is with regard to pugilism, and fistic issues, Im not sure I'd take his advice about looking for old, used mustangs and camaros. . Two good reasons: 1.) Those cars have a lot of issues with maintenance after 100k miles; 2.) gas mileage is about half of what you'd get with a japanese car like that honda.

To be honest, unless there is something wrong with the car the owner is hiding (which is a good possibility), that's a pretty damn good buy for a '95 civic. Mid 90's civic's will run for-fhucking-EVER with little to no maintenance issues. . VERy reliable cars. . . You'll get at least your money's worth of use out of that car. . .

If your range is 5 grand, then I would look at honda civics, and other small japanese cars. . You might be able to find a good acura, or toyota celica. . .

NOTE: like the above posters said, get somebody who really knows cars to inspect it and test drive it with you first. . . used cars are always a risk, but there are some excellent bargains out there if you know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        What ever you decide on take it by a garage and have someone check it out before you buy it. I bought a couple used cars before and the only one I regretted was the one I bought without doing this.
        This should be common practice. Who would just buy a car "as is'', without getting it checked out

Sadly this is rarely done and many people end up buying a $3200 lemon

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post

187 KILOMETES is only about 120k miles. . . For a 95 civic that is a good deal. . Civics hold their value better than just about any other car. . Those cars go at least 250-300k (if taken good care of; driven easy, regular oil changes, and other minor upkeep) before you start having major problems. . .

Comment

hondas last forever

when the world ends, the only thing left will be ****roaches and hondas.

Comment

too much money for that car, brother. look elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                187 KILOMETES is only about 120k miles. . . For a 95 civic that is a good deal. . Civics hold their value better than just about any other car. . Those cars go at least 250-300k (if taken good care of; driven easy, regular oil changes, and other minor upkeep) before you start having major problems. . .
                Yea the civic is one of the most reliable cars ever, 120K miles is nothing for a car like that if taken car of

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  hondas last forever

when the world ends, the only thing left will be ****roaches and hondas.
                  And toyota tacomas proud 2009 tacoma owner. . 4x4, sr5 4.0, trd offroad package, 6-speed manual transmission baby! FHUCK automatic transmissions!

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    too much money for that car, brother. look elsewhere
                    Really? You think 3200 is too much for a 95 civic w/ 120k miles (presuming) it's in good condition? Also, it says negotiable - I bet if he comes with 2500 cash in hand, he'll drive away with it. . .

Civics hold their value like that. . . For a used car with 100k plus miles, it's not going to get anymore reliable than a civic. .

As long as there is nothing wrong with the car, if he treats it well, he'll get at least another 130k miles out of it. .

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                      Lol.

The car doesn't have 187,000 miles on it. Kilometer's.

As far as paying that price, thread starter, no. But you can't find a Camry or Accord?

Price range, it might not be pretty, but it will last you a LONG time, if you take care of it.

I had a 1988 Toyota Camry that lasted me over 6 years, after careless people had it.

Just needed some TLC, and it took me EVERYWHERE. Thing would start up if I was in Truckee, or the Mojave, and bring me home. Without fail.

If this is your first car, choose prudent. My first junk broke down in front of my High School, lol. I might have looked cool doing so, but pushing that big ***** down the road was pretty humbling.

Comment

Working...
                      X