No announcement yet.

TV fights in other countries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV fights in other countries

Boxing is a business, this is something we hear repeatedly, right? So should fighters from Mexico be televised in South Africa, or fighters from eastern Europe be televised in the US. Should boxers from Thailand be shown regularly in Argentina if there is no call for it and the fans in the countries for the most part have no idea who the fighters are and find the boring. As boxing fans we'd like to see these different fighters if possible. As reasonable adults though we understand that television is also a business and it doesn't make sense to put fighters on who most don't know in what ever respective country. Am I right or wrong?
    No, business is busines.
    33.33%
    Yes, Who care about their business just give me what I want.
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

The real question is....where the hell you been at dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      The real question is....where the hell you been at dude?
      Ironicly I was banned for talking about this very topic. But since there was no mudslinging in that thread or in this one and the complaining poster is currently banned again I don't see any harm in trying to get answers to this question.

Comment

Come on sheeple, what are your thought on this?

Comment

If it's a big championship fight then yeah they should.

Comment

television essentially killed the club shows in the states as well as all over the world. ...........Rockin'

Comment

Idealistically hell yeah! Realistically never gonna happen. I cant understand hwo a commodity like Matthysse can be kept under the radar for as long as he was.

Comment

I think some of you guys are missing the point. We agree television is a business, right? And their business is to get ratings. Why would they televise fighters from other countries with no real fan base or name recignition to their viewers who pay their bills? What sense does that make? Asw fans of course we would like this to happen. As reasonable people though can you not understand why iy doesn't? This isn't about nationalism is all Im saying.....this is about busines.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  I think some of you guys are missing the point. We agree television is a business, right? And their business is to get ratings. Why would they televise fighters from other countries with no real fan base or name recignition to their viewers who pay their bills? What sense does that make? Asw fans of course we would like this to happen. As reasonable people though can you not understand why iy doesn't? This isn't about nationalism is all Im saying.....this is about busines.
                  Sure. That Indonesian feather who hasnt lost is boring. WHy no Lucas Matthysse for so long on tv though?

Comment

Nope, no one would care.

Comment

Working...
                    X