Unless you were in Ortiz shoe's, stay quiet"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meh, even with a pass or not he's still a mental midget

Comment

I don't hold it against Vic at all. I hope the kid bounces back from this.

And to people who compare it with other broken jawed fighters who didn't quit, you really have no idea how severe each case is. Just because Paulie had a busted jaw and was able to keep going could mean that his wasn't as bad as Vic's. We've seen the pictures and heard the doctor's comments on it. It was bad. Very bad.

Too many internet tough guys here.

Comment

He quit against Floyd and nothing was broken.

Comment

ortiz does get alot of flak and so did dawson.

but i think some people need to re-evaluate things. theres nothing smart in staying on your feet and getting a batering.

its much smarter to accept that maybe tonight isn't your night and that you will live to fight another day. thats what vasquez did in his first fight with marquez and no-one calls him a coward

Comment

Paulie spot the **** on as usual.

However, that doesn't just apply to fighters who brake their jaw, for me that applies to any ''fighter''.

If you, as a man who is watching from the comfort of your home or the comfort of whereever(whereever the **** you are im sure it wont be as tough as being in a ring with someone trying to knock you out), having most likely never more than a couple of times been in any situation a pro fighter get's into everytime he steps foot into a ring, as a man think it's fine for you to judge someone who fights for a living and call him stuff like a ''coward'' and a ''pu$$y'' and various other insults without seeing the hilarious irony in that then i say carry on.

Carry on calling these warriors ''pu$$ies and cowards'' all you want. Seriously. If that's what makes you happy and content, as a man, then by all means carry on. You know, deep down what kind of a man you are, and if you don't, i seriously suggest taking a good look in the mirror and just think of this scenario for a good second. Just give it a think, just tell yourself that in your eyes Victor Ortiz is a cowardly quitter. In your eyes, Victor Ortiz is a cowardly quitter. Victor Ortiz, a man who is a professional Boxer, is a cowardly quitter, and you Mr. Nobody from nowheresville are a true warrior and if you were in that cowardly quitter Ortiz's situation you would have fought on. You would have fought on with a broken jaw. You would have fought on against Maidana.

In reality you wouldn't last 2 seconds with Maidana. Your jaw wouldn't hold up to a jab from a professional fighter, nevermind a full power punch. And don't give me none of this ''if i trained and got in shape'' or ''if i was getting paid millions of $ to fight i would''.

If's but's and maybe's don't work in the real world. You either do or you don't. And we quite clearly didn't as we are all sat on our arses typing away on a internet forum. You and me both, and im pretty sure not many of us a professional boxers when where not sat on our arses typing away on a internet forum.

You could have recieved millions of $ for a fight to if you put the effort and hard work someone like Ortiz did. Maybe you believe Ortiz was given a god given talent, god given talent or not he has still put in, for the majority part of his life hard work and dedictation that im willing to bet 99.9% of this forum couldn't do a day of. So you didn't. No two ways about it. Your not getting millions of $ to fight because you didn't earn it. Ortiz did. So you can say what you would have done if you were in that scenario all you want the fact of the matter is you will never be in that scenario, so if's but's and maybe's aren't gonna work on this one.

Like i said though, if you feel Ortiz a cowardly quitter that's your own personal opinion, and you are damn well entitled to that so who the **** am i to tell anyone to think otherwise.

I just find it literally hilariously funny seeing these people who fight for a living being called cowards by people on the internet, i really do.

Comment

what gets me about this dude is not that he "quit" in those fights because i get that its a risk everytime one steps in the ring, its the actual comments he makes after

Comment

I agree. And lets remember he quit after his jaw was cracked a second time in a different spot. Paulie said each break is different and effects you differently

Comment

Whether he has a pass or not that does not excuse the fact he has quit many times.
                  You say his injury was serious, I'd say it was pretty bad but I can name maybe 20-30+ fighters who have continued with a broken jaw.
                  How many can you name that have quit directly from a broken jaw? Except Victor...
                  The kids in the wrong sport. His jaw wasn't broke in round whatever, that is just an excuse so people forget how he was running around the ring being chased by a 140lb Lopez. He wanted an excuse to quit and got one.

He turned his back on more than one occasion and lapped the ring 3 fcuking times! He got hit and ran away like a headless chicken.

I could see it in his eyes, in his body language he was going to fold the second he realised that 140lb kid wasn't going to be any fcukers stepping stone. He hit that kid and like a playground bully, he fcuking **** himself when Lopez took his best and roared in his face.

Comment

Ortiz is someone I honestly don't care for, say what you will about the Lopez fight but the man is mentally weak. Look at all the excuses he made, he literally said on a spanish telecast that Lopez wasn't in his class/ didn't win any rounds, fuck that piece of ****.

Comment

Paulie just said what only 4-5 members, including me, were saying. Basically looking at the situation in a realistic manner, instead of a dumb ass fan who's never experienced a broken jaw. The rest of 1,000+ members will be in here tearing Paulie a new one.

Comment

Working...
                      X