Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa still wants fight w/Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after that poor performance against farenas, i got rios KOin boa..

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Ship has sailed long ago. Rios is in line for Pacquiao or Marquez at this point. No way they are going to risk that against Gamboa.
      Agreed. Rios stayed at 135 just a little longer for his ill-fated fight with Gamboa. He's moved on and Yuri isn't even at 135 yet. That fight will never happen, unless Gamboa finds himself in a sad state at the end of his career.

Comment

Rather watch Rios vs Angulo
        Perro knocks him out in 1 round

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Rios does not have 1 punch power, but Gamboa's chin is nearly as bad as Amir Khan's. He's by FAR the better fighter but I don't think he is big enough a puncher to keep Rios off of him. Great scrap but ends with a late KO from Rios but possibly doesn't win a round.
          I don't think Gamboa would attempt to exchange in any meaningful way with Rios. Did you see the way Yuri fought Ponce De Leon? I envision an approach along those lines. Brandon would have to get lucky and catch Gamboa with one good shot. He's not a one-punch KO artist, nor is he fast enough, so I think Yuri gets the UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
            Rather watch Rios vs Angulo
            Perro knocks him out in 1 round
            Those guys were separated at birth. They could hold that fight in a phone booth.

Comment

for some reason i still see gamboa decisioning rios..................

Comment

Still wants? That would suggest that he wanted to fight Rios before, which he did not.

Comment

Yeah right. Is he gonna make Rios run him out of his own city again??

Comment

Gamboa needs to stop all his talking and actually get in the ring with one of these guys. A couple years ago I used to think we'd be talking about him as one of THE p4p best fighters on the planet, all that potential going to waste. He is 31 and aging day by day, he needs the big defining fights. He needs Broner, Uchiyama, Rios maybe even Donaire. How about Burns v Gamboa at 135? Gamboa needs a big fight or two in 2013 or he will become a total waste of time and money.

Comment

After seeing Gamboa in that Farenas bout, I really think Brandon Rios would of stopped him. You know tht at some point in the fight Gamboa would of exchanged and started swinging with Rios and he probably would of went down and stayed down. Id still love to see it happen though.
                      Gamboa rehydrated 18lbs against Farenas. Had he fought Rios @135, he wouldn't have had to drain himself, while Rios would've been the one suffering from weight-drain. I think Rios loses at 135 and wins at 140.

Anyway, he shouldn't be worrying about Rios because that's already in the past. Focus on Uchiyama and the other 130lbers.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X