No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Discusses Chavez Jr. Training in Oxnard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Discusses Chavez Jr. Training in Oxnard

Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. will work out at the Boxing Academy in Oxnard in the next couple of weeks, trainer Robert Garcia told Boxingscene.com on Tuesday morning.

But Garcia wanted to clarify rumors that he will be Chavez’s next trainer.

“He’s just coming to Oxnard to work out in our gym,” said Garcia, who also trains Brandon Rios, Nonito Donaire, Miguel Angel Garcia, and Marcos Maidana. “He’s going to come back to Oxnard when I return from Macau after Brandon’s fight.

Garcia was approached by Chavez late Friday in Las Vegas. Both were in town for the Timothy Bradley-Juan Manuel Marquez fight that took place at the Thomas and Mack Center on Saturday night. [Click Here To Read More]

I think that Robert Garcia is a good fit for Jr's style but in the end everything comes down to Jr's commitment to boxing and he will only get back whatever he puts in.

Comment

The boxing world needs to quit on Jr. like he quit on boxing a while back. He might be able to get his ish together for a Vera rematch and look good, but he's still a spoiled man-child and it will only be a matter of time before he relapses to his pot-smoking, blown-up, lazy self.

Let him do the Vera rematch and then feed him to Ward and be done with it. I don't understand why Mexican fans support crybaby Mexican fighters

Comment

It could be the best that happened to Chavez Jr. No one understands better the mexican boxing style than another mexican. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
          The boxing world needs to quit on Jr. like he quit on boxing a while back. He might be able to get his ish together for a Vera rematch and look good, but he's still a spoiled man-child and it will only be a matter of time before he relapses to his pot-smoking, blown-up, lazy self.

Let him do the Vera rematch and then feed him to Ward and be done with it. I don't understand why Mexican fans support crybaby Mexican fighters
          Amen! This is one Mexican who gave up on him years ago.

Comment

about time Chavez finds a work ethic.

Robert Garcia is a good trainer

Comment

If anyone can get jr. In shape and not take his lazy bs I think it is Garcia, but Chavez sr. Needs to stay out of camp. Garcia might not work him as hard with sr. Present.

Comment

I hope Mexico abandons this fking disgrace of a fighter i don't recall disliking any fighter more.... ever. I still didn't crucify him after the weed **** but the weight **** I'm done, and even tho he bought a bunch of advantages over a smaller supposedly no hope to win fighter he still looses the fight FOH this entitled little prick should move up, and face people his own size he will get his **** pushed in as he deserves.

Comment

Hey, Jr. is still far from Kelly Pavlik or Andre Dirrell...

Comment

That's the perfect place for him to go. Learn how to be weight drained like the rest of garcias fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X