Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My grandma tries Windows 8 for the first time (with video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] My grandma tries Windows 8 for the first time (with video)

My grandma tries Windows 8 for the first time (with video)
    Monday, July 30, 2012 · 3:01 pm · 13 Comments

“In this video I show my 66-year-old nan attempting to use Windows 8 Consumer Preview,” Ben Strange reports via YouTube.
    “She has used a computer since April 2009, then she used Windows XP on my Compaq Presario 6000, Now she uses Windows 7,” Strange reports. “in this video I tried to give my nan no hints, Although I had to give her a few at times because she wasn’t going anywhere and it felt like she never was going to get anywhere.”

“She found it very difficult to use as it’s completely different to what she has ever used, when she upgraded to Windows 7 she found it very easy as Windows XP and Windows 7 look pretty similar,” Strange reports. “This shows how difficult and confusing Windows 8 will be…”

http://youtu.be/hxmIsv88xO4

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560674

Comment

Windows is looking at the future generations, not someone who will possibly die in the next few years. You don't take a PC 6 feet under.

Comment

Who cares.

Comment

We get it already, you won't be happy until the whole world is using unjustifiably expensive inferior products.

Comment

Seems weird. I think a lot of people will be annoyed at first as it's such a drastic change. From what I've read, it's great once you get used to it but it takes a while of being annoyed to get to that point. Just have to bite the bullet and learn some new things. Not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Exocet View Post
              We get it already, you won't be happy until the whole world is using unjustifiably expensive inferior products.
              This is what it looks like when you hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                Seems weird. I think a lot of people will be annoyed at first as it's such a drastic change. From what I've read, it's great once you get used to it but it takes a while of being annoyed to get to that point. Just have to bite the bullet and learn some new things. Not the end of the world.

Its Microsoft's idea of design and logic that is the most confusing thing about this new Metro add-on to W7.

If some who is comfortable using W7 can't use a relatively simple UI because MS has decided to hide all the buttons etc then there is a real problem.

You are going to see a lot of people being put off from this kind of experience.

Comment

Apple fanboys are so desperate that they need to get 66 year olds in to do a review.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                    Its Microsoft's idea of design and logic that is the most confusing thing about this new Metro add-on to W7.

If some who is comfortable using W7 can't use a relatively simple UI because MS has decided to hide all the buttons etc then there is a real problem.

You are going to see a lot of people being put off from this kind of experience.
                    Er not really. Looks like widgets or apps icons there to me. What is hard about that? You learn where things are and get use to it...

Comment

Working...
                    X