No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe vs Dawson

I usually try to avoid starting threads on Joe Calzaghe on message boards because there's so many haters that get my annoyed and so many blind ignorant fans that leave me embarrassed. But there have been a few threads on here about Joe recently and it got me thinking about him.

So I just want to pose one question: If he hadn't retired in 2009 and instead decided to fight Chad Dawson, which had been mooted, what would the outcome have been?

we've had a good thread on this before

i think joe is overmatched physically in this one but wins it based on his adjustments and winning mentality

i actually think he might get touched up for a few rounds given dawsons length and jab and his physical size

Comment

We'll know a whole lot more about Dawson after 10/15.

Comment

Dawson dominates him probable a shutout decision

Comment

calzaghe never fought in usa until his last 2 fights against two old names. i love bhop and its great what he's done. but he got way too much cred for beating amateur pascal. dawson had the worst fight of his career vs pascal and was about to ko him before the cut. calzaghe disgraced the sport by retiring. dawson was the clear cut above and beyond number one contender when joe retired, so save that crap about chad not clearing the division.

Comment

dawson would box him to death. the best way to beat dawson is to smack the **** out of him and take him out of his comfort zone, but joe doesnt have the power. dawson is a level above joe both physicly and skill wise, he would school calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
              calzaghe never fought in usa until his last 2 fights against two old names. i love bhop and its great what he's done. but he got way too much cred for beating amateur pascal. dawson had the worst fight of his career vs pascal and was about to ko him before the cut. calzaghe disgraced the sport by retiring. dawson was the clear cut above and beyond number one contender when joe retired, so save that crap about chad not clearing the division.
              "Disgraced the sport by retiring"? Is that a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                dawson would box him to death. the best way to beat dawson is to smack the **** out of him and take him out of his comfort zone, but joe doesnt have the power. dawson is a level above joe both physicly and skill wise, he would school calzaghe.
                Dawson hasnt schooled anybody as good as Calzaghe before,i think this is a 50/50 match-up,if you dont think joes workrate would cause Dawson problems then you are tripping,the first time bad chad faced somebody fresh he lost his '0',and Pascal aint no Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                  Dawson hasnt schooled anybody as good as Calzaghe before,i think this is a 50/50 match-up,if you dont think joes workrate would cause Dawson problems then you are tripping,the first time bad chad faced somebody fresh he lost his '0',and Pascal aint no Calzaghe
                  and calzaghe has schooled anyone as good as dawson?
                  has calzaghe even a better resume than dawson?

calzaghe's workrate would give chad problems as much as it did kessler and hopkins,

it'd be a tough fight but i'd definitely pick dawson to win
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-10-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Calzaghe out boxes Dawson with ease ...just dont see where Dawson can school him. ,Love him or hate him (most on this thread do)but Calzaghe was slick and could adapt to any style even if it was made ugly(Hopkins/Bekia).
                    Dont see the likes of Dawson who can be Lazy in fights remember ..Sorry i just cant put my head or heart in Dawson outpointing the much busier more skillful Calzaghe ...UD to Calzaghe .

Comment

Working...
                    X