No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume: Lucian Bute or Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    upon further reflection i agree with you - the lennox lewis/vitali klitschko fight - sure lennox's RECORD says "TKO 6", but in reality vitali was winning the fight. . . same thing with berto vs. zavec - it says "TKO 5", but Zavec was fighting Berto close in every round. . .
    Definitely. I agree.

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    i still say it's pretty close, because the best fighter Bute has fought is Librado Andrade, who is a club fighter - bless his heart lol, but he simply has NO SKILLS - a strictly straight forward brawler; granted, though, he is pretty good doing that. we will be able to gauge Bute A LOT better after his fight with Johnson.
    Yeah it's definitely very close.

Both don't have very strong resume's really.

I only lean on Bute because other than the first Andrade fight, atleast he has dominated his average opposition.

As opposed to Berto who has struggled almost every time he has fought someone that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
      Who takes the crown.

Bute has yet to fight anyone with a pulse.Berto has fought and beat Former champions Forbes and Carlos Quitana,beat a decent fighter in David Estrada.And beat Zaveck whose terrible but was a champion and is a far better opponent then anyone Bute fought.

Those fighter are far better then the Street beggers and Cab drivers that Lucien Bute fought.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Bute.

Berto has barely fought anyone. Bute at least has fought a few decent fighters, and beat them decisively.
        Can you name these "decent" fighters Bute fought which are better then Former champions Quintana,Zaveck and Forbes?

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
          Can you name these "decent" fighters Bute fought which are better then Former champions Quintana,Zaveck and Forbes?
          I already did. Read the other posts.

They've fought the same level of competition. Difference is Bute dominates his average opposition, whereas Berto doesn't.

Comment

In my opinion, Bute was KO'd by Andrade in their first bout. But Bute did give Andrade a rematch and beat him decisively. I also think Berto lost to Quintana, but he failed to give Quintana a rematch.

I don't think Bute has fought an Ortiz like fighter at 168. It's a tough one but I'm leaning towards Berto having the better resume.

Comment

Lucian Bute and is not even really close.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Of course. Of course he struggled in that fight. He was damn near stopped.

But, he avenged the performance in pretty impressive fashion, No?

Has Berto done that with his poor performances?

The first Andrade fight is pretty much the only time Bute has stuggled, No?

As opposed to Berto, who has literally struggled to an extent every single time he has faced an above average fighter.

The only fighters Berto has fought who are above average are Collazo, Quintana, Ortiz and Zaveck. And each time he hasn't looked good at all.

As opposed to Bute who's wins are as poor as Berto's. But, Bute has either;; dominated them or the one time he struggled he rematched him and dominated.

That's the difference.
                He wasn't almost stopped. He was stopped got got a blatant home town win. That is categorized with the likes of Martinez koing Cintron, then beating him on points, only to come away with a draw. And like King Kong eating about 20 low blows & coming away with a ballshot kd.

Bute did great in the rematch but the man should already have a ko loss to a fighter that's C-level at best. Berto has never been stopped, or close to it by a fighter of C-level. That's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  He wasn't almost stopped. He was stopped got got a blatant home town win. That is categorized with the likes of Martinez koing Cintron, then beating him on points, only to come away with a draw. And like King Kong eating about 20 low blows & coming away with a ballshot kd.

Bute did great in the rematch but the man should already have a ko loss to a fighter that's C-level at best. Berto has never been stopped, or close to it by a fighter of C-level. That's the difference.
                  Yes he has.

And, if you look at that fight you would see Bute was up by 9 by the way. And, Bute really only struggles for a half a round during the whole fight. He was in control for the first 11 and a half rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I already did. Read the other posts.

They've fought the same level of competition. Difference is Bute dominates his average opposition, whereas Berto doesn't.

Your Argument is more ******ed then a *******.Berto has fought and beat far better opposition then Bute and some where former champions.While bute stood his hometown fighting cab drivers with little criticism but yet Berto is highly criticized for supposedly only fighting weak opposition.

I realized Bute is white so most whites on here and their worshippers are gonna say Bute and their argument for picking Bute is gonna be stupid enough to make a ******* proud.So it really does`nt surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Yes he has.

And, if you look at that fight you would see Bute was up by 9 by the way. And, Bute really only struggles for a half a round during the whole fight. He was in control for the first 11 and a half rounds.
                      Who's the c-level fighter that almost stopped Berto then? **** if you ask me Bute won almost EVERY round, that don't mean **** if you get ko'd though, now does it? But thanks for your useless input I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X