No announcement yet.

I think to believe we are the highest forms of conciousness is ignorant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think to believe we are the highest forms of conciousness is ignorant

The bubble that we live in is so damn small in comparison to what could possibly be out there.

If conciousness can spring to existence on a floating rock in literally the middle of nowhere that's less than a dot in a universe consisting of only 4% of known matter...

Who's to say it can't have evolved elsewhere... And I'm not talking about aliens either.. there's a universe of endless space and endless time out there with absolutely limitless possibilities. There's no rule that says conciousness can only form from organic matter.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are higher forms of intelligence out there, maybe existing between dimensions. It's just impossible for them not to exist if we can exist.

I just think we can't comprehend their existence..The same way ants can't comprehend our existence and bacteria can't comprehend an ant's existence and singlecelled organisms can't comprehend bacteria and so on all the way down to sub atomic particles and beyond.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-02-2013, 12:15 AM.

but can they make a ps3?

Comment

Great, another guy comes out of the woodwork to give it a shot, thinking he finally has a great argument to shut those pesky Atheists up.

Comment

I just think we can't comprehend their existence
        Same way I can't comprehend your entire post?

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
          The bubble that we live in is so damn small in comparison to what could possibly be out there.

If conciousness can spring to existence on a floating rock in literally the middle of nowhere that's less than a dot in a universe consisting of only 4% of known matter...

Who's to say it can't have evolved elsewhere... And I'm not talking about aliens either.. there's a universe of endless space and endless time out there with absolutely limitless possibilities. There's no rule that says conciousness can only form from organic matter.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are higher forms of intelligence out there, maybe existing between dimensions. It's just impossible for them not to exist if we can exist.

I just think we can't comprehend their existence..The same way ants can't comprehend our existence and bacteria can't comprehend an ant's existence and singlecelled organisms can't comprehend bacteria and so on all the way down to sub atomic particles and beyond.
          And let me guess: You think that these esoteric quasi-theoretical super-en****** are in fact the god or gods from the particular religious tradition in which you were raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post

the bubble we live in is so damn small indeed, but atoms are smaller still... and scientists study these particles like crazy since it reveals a lot about how nature operates as our brains perceive it... size isn't everything you know...

the underlined is just but an example of "things being relative..."

to the ants, humans might just be a big blob of flesh, to the bacteria inside our digestive flora, our entrails must be their cosmos... to a dog, we are their masters... etc...

it doesn't really mean they are inferior for they serve their purpose as nature intended it for them... its just that their "reality" is vastly different than ours... it isn't wise to appraise them using our own criteria as humans IMO...

Comment

We ARE the highest known form of conciousness.

That is the opposite of ignorance. its factual.

Comment

We are all one united consciousness divided into reflections of ourselves....

Comment

boxingscene is the highest form of consciousness

Comment

Working...
                  X