Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Javier Fortuna vs Gary Russell Jr Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell probably beats him too fast and too much technique. Fortuna has power so he has that avenue not to mention Russell is not tested in that way so him winning is not totally out of the question, but he is so wide and sloppy it is just tough to see him getting after a guy like Russell as long as Russell is what he appears to be.

Would be interesting though.

Comment

damn, i'd love to see this matchup down the line, once these guys get some big wins and world titles. i'm a huge fan of both guys. realistically, i could see russell being the favorite with his overall better skills and more disciplined performances. but i'd be rooting for fortuna in this one, i think with russell's chin unproven and fortuna having talent in general, we can possibly see a ko for fortuna. not to mention both of them are still young. we have yet to see either one seriously tested, so anything can happen in this one imo.

Comment

Javier (The Bumble Bee) Fortuna! See, this kid can also box but it seems like he quickly looses his patience and goes all in which can be very dangerous against someone like Russell. It seems like the only time Fortuna settles down and decides to box is when he realizes the other fighter can take his punches. I have seen him do this with Miguel Roman and Hugo Gomez. So, when he decides to box he does very well actually. But I would like him to get a little bit more experience in the pros first. That's my take.

Comment

Good match up I voted for Russell.

Comment

I expect this thread to take a decent bump this evening after Fortuna murders Hyland.....

Comment

I'll go with Fortuna

Comment

i would love that fight. i would have to give an edge to russell bcuz of his amateur background and superior boxing ability but there is alot we dont know about both of them. one thing we do know is they can both crack so anything could happen.

Comment

Fortuna is the better all round fighter

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    i would love that fight. i would have to give an edge to russell bcuz of his amateur background and superior boxing ability but there is alot we dont know about both of them. one thing we do know is they can both crack so anything could happen.
                    "an edge to russell bcuz of his amateur background"

Do you even know of the amateur background of Fortuna? His amateur career is actually very good so I don't know that Russell has an edge there.

Comment

I go with Russell, both have power but Fortuna has that one punch even if you see it coming lights out *****, Russell knocks you out with the one you dont see because his hands are so fast. I think Russells poise and control win this one for him. But damn Fortuna can crack

Comment

Working...
                      X