No announcement yet.

Ken Norton vs Sam Peter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Norton vs Sam Peter

This to me is an intriguing match-up, a great boxer like Norton who had his worst performances against punchers versus a man who only has punch, does Norton win or will Peter blow him out ala Cooney, Foreman and Shavers, not to mention Garcia
    Ken Norton
    78.57%
    Sam Peter
    21.43%

A prime Norton would make Peter look like a fat labrador on a polished wooden floor..

I'd give him a punchers chance against the washed up Norton who got ko'd by a young and lively Gerry Cooney, but that's about it..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      A prime Norton would make Peter look like a fat labrador on a polished wooden floor..

I'd give him a punchers chance against the washed up Norton who got ko'd by a young and lively Gerry Cooney, but that's about it..
      This is right!

Comment

Wait, so the "logic" is, since Norton performed well against boxers, that he would lose to one of the worst title holding boxers of all time? Poor bait thread.

Comment

Sam Peter is pretty sloppy and predictable. But he does hit good. Has a punchers chance but Norton at his best would likely be too good.

I don't think this is a bait thread, just another bad style match up for Norton. Peter is so stationary and Norton isnt one to get on his toes and start moving. But he would work a hell of a lot harder than Peter.

Comment

Norton lost to aggressive punchers. Peter was rarely that.

Comment

This poll took me less time to think about than any other recent ones. Beating a fat and old James Toney doesn't add up to a win over a prime Ken Norton.

Comment

When was "prime" Peter? Around about the Toney and Wlad fight? Those were his best performances certainly, so I'd go with that.

Norton on paper is the far superior opponent, but he was the superior opponent to Shavers as well. Whilst Peter isn't the aggressive machine Shavers was he did a lot of similar things in the way he went about attacking an opponent. In the second Toney fight he completely battered Toney with short chopping rights to the head and body and smart flurries when he had him against the ropes. Used a lot of dirty tactics there too, including hitting and holding and rabbit punches. Peter knew how to turn a fight ugly, and if he hurt Norton I can see things opening up for him.

Smart money would be on Norton, but there might be some hairy moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Wait, so the "logic" is, since Norton performed well against boxers, that he would lose to one of the worst title holding boxers of all time? Poor bait thread.
                  A bait thread for who? who am I baiting?????

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                    A bait thread for who? who am I baiting?????
                    NSB stragglers who wandered into this forum have left a bad taste in peoples mouths regarding Samuel Peter.

A "beast on the inside", "better version of Joe Frazier", "similar to Sonny Liston"

Comment

Working...
                    X