No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rite

Michael, the son of a funeral director grows indifferent to his father and joins a Seminary. On his way to the course completion, he is overwhelmed by a strong lack of faith. His religious beliefs are further jolted when he sees a young girl haplessly dying in a road accident for whom he reluctantly performs the ritual to absolve her sins. His mentor still believes in him and urges him to go to Italy to take an exorcism course hoping that he it would strengthen his faith in Christianity. In Italy he attends a session from Father Xavier who soon becomes aware of his skepticism. As a result he sends him to an eminent Jesuit exorcist, Father Lucas (Anthony Hopkins) , whose ways though questionable are quite effective. He witnesses the exorcism of a sixteen year old girl but still seems unconvinced. Father Lucas explains him that it takes multiple sessions over a long stretch of time to completely free a victim from the omen..

I will say that for a horror thriller it's not so much full or horror yet it is pretty thrilling and well worth a watch. Anthony Hopkins pulls off another great acting gig as he always does. And whether or not you believe in things like this it is said to be based on true events which always makes a movie more interesting.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

• Just read il principe by machiavelli. i know its not a movie but good lord it is a must read. every self help, get ahead in life, self motivation book ever ripped pages out of this book. seriously 10/10

Comment

• Bereavement

Movie - 8/10

Alexandra Daddario - It's over 9000!!!

Comment

• Rise of the planet of the Apes.

I was surprised at how good it was

Comment

• I give this movie 9/10.

Great storyline. He is not really an unambitious person. To be honest, he is just happy to what he had in front of him.

Comment

• Just watched Red State. Honestly, worst fcking piece of **** movie I've seen. Wow, low budget disappointing film by Kevin Smith. The director hyped it up like it was award worthy, it fcking sucked

Comment

• Originally posted by - Rorschach™ - View Post
                Bereavement

Movie - 8/10

Alexandra Daddario - It's over 9000!!!

Stop crying your heart out, cane-chess!

Comment

• The Town

A bank robbery caper starring Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner. I think Affleck directed it and/or wrote it. The film is a bit of Heat, Point Break and The Departed mixed together.

Nevertheless, great film. If you enjoy crime thrillers with lots of suspense, deep narratives, great gun action and chases, well developed characters and sexy ass Blake Lively you should check this out.

I'd rate it a 10/10.

Comment

• Point Break.

One of the saddest moments of Patrick Swayze dying was this film, along with Ghost.

The tale of surfers who rob banks dressed up as ex presidents to fund their worldwide surf adventures.

It has aged a bit due to the soundtrack but in a kitschy sort of fun way. But the story, the characters and the overall package are still a pure rush of adrenaline even in 2011.

Its so good that even Keanu Reeves acting like Keanu Reeves is fun and welcome. Great acting by Lori Petty, and Gary Busey on top of a *****in' 80's soundtrack and great cinematography.

A classic heist/adventure/shootem em up.

10/10.

Comment

• The Manchurian Candidate (2004)

When his army unit was ambushed during the first Gulf War, Sergeant Raymond Shaw saved his fellow soldiers just as his commanding officer, then-Captain Ben Marco, was knocked unconscious. Brokering the incident for political capital, Shaw eventually becomes a vice-presidential nominee, while Marco is haunted by dreams of what happened -- or didn't happen -- in Kuwait. As Marco (now a Major) investigates, the story begins to unravel, to the point where he questions if it happened at all. Is it possible the entire unit was kidnapped and brainwashed to believe Shaw is a war hero as part of a plot to seize the White House? Some very powerful people at Manchurian Global corporation appear desperate to stop him from finding out.

Movie stars Denzel Washington, Liev Schreiber and Meryl Streep to name a few. Pretty good movie, but be sure to pay attention other wise you may miss something in this action/drama. Sort of reminded me of a mix between Conspiracy Theory and Jacobs Ladder. Overall it was a good movie but I don't think it would be on my watch again list.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X