Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio Pounds Vanda In Five Rounds, Eyes Chavez Jr. Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio Pounds Vanda In Five Rounds, Eyes Chavez Jr. Next

By Jake Donovan - A card honoring the 49th annual WBC Convention in Las Vegas was topped by Mexican contender Marco Antonio Rubio pounding his way to a fifth round stoppage of battle-tested Matt Vanda in their middleweight bout Friday evening at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Rubio came in at 161 ½ lb, 1 ½ lb above the contracted middleweight limit. Unable to lose the weight, he was forced to give up a portion of his purse to Vanda, who came in well below the limit at 157 ½ lb. [Click Here To Read More]

We get to see how good Chavez's chin really is.

Chavez wins the first four rounds with his boxing and then it turns into a fight.

Comment

Rubio stated on twitter that they had been previously agreed to 162lbs and he did not have to lose any weight or pay anything

Comment

Originally posted by dabezt2 View Post
        Rubio stated on twitter that they had been previously agreed to 162lbs and he did not have to lose any weight or pay anything
        For this fight with Vanda?

Comment

Originally posted by dabezt2 View Post
          If thats what he was told, then somebody whispered some seriously wrong information in his ear. There was a regional middleweight title that was supposed to be at stake, but was only on the line for Vanda after Rubio missed weight.

maybe he was told prior to the weigh-in that it was at 162, which was perhaps why he refused to lose the extra weight.

Whatever the case, he kicked the crap out of Vanda tonight.

Comment

Good to see this second wind in Rubio's career. I remember when he was just another opponent for Pavlik a few years ago. I'd love to see him upset JCC Jr next but I doubt Arum allows that. He's not done milking this one yet. If by chance the fight did happen, my $ would be on Rubio by decision. The train would stop there though because Sergio would flatten him, no question.
            Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 12-17-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

He'll make weight vs Chavez.

Clearly he took Vanda lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
                Good to see this second wind in Rubio's career. I remember when he was just another opponent for Pavlik a few years ago. I'd love to see him upset JCC Jr next but I doubt Arum allows that. He's not done milking this one yet. If by chance the fight did happen, my $ would be on Rubio by decision. The train would stop there though because Sergio would flatten him, no question.
                no way rubio walks away from a decision imo, knocking chavez out is the only way he wins this fight. i hope it gets made, true challenge for chavez and good fight for rubio. tough to say cause i think chavez can outbox him for a bit and has a decent chin to take rubio's shots but rubio has experience and a decent chin for chavez' power. i'd go for rubio as well, late tko is the only way though.

Comment

Chavez needs to fight Sergio

Comment

Any video of this fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X