Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara Fight To Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara clearly won that fight, that wasn't much going on in some rounds, but Lara landed clean potshots in those circumstances. Lara was really starting to take control as well, and I suspect Martirosyan would of got taken out soon. Not saying Compubox is super reliable, but Lara had out landed him every single round. I don't know, maybe in awkard rounds where not too much is happenig I find it easier then most to see whose doing the actual quality punching, and that was Lara in-arguably IMO. Oh well, hopefully we get the rematch.

Comment

Ugh, Lara was better defensively and in mobility. What really grinds my gears though is that I can't believe one judge didn't have the balls to judge the last round.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsrealtor View Post
        Lara was winning that fight easy.
        how? he kept clinching and would duck most of the time?

Comment

I had Lara winning, but it wasn't impressive. It was a sloppy fight where not many clean punches landed, I wouldn't be interested watching the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by ajgyagajg1 View Post
            dude i missed it wat was so bad about it????????? other than the ending?
            Lara was pulling a few dirty tricks in the clinches, and there were headbutts, but no points taken away. To be fair, Lara stopped when told to and Vanes also responded dirty trick to dirty trick, and headbutts are to be expected with a southpaw, its not like it was an Ortiz headbutt.

Comment

I had lara winning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                how? he kept clinching and would duck most of the time?
                Personally, I think clinching is part of the art of boxing and I don't mind a fighter ducking punches, its just a sign that he's got quicker reflexes. I understand that clinching and ducking aren't fan friendly, but it's part of the game.
                Last edited by anonymous2.0; 11-10-2012, 11:39 PM. Reason: the d and f keys are too close

Comment

Lara was running around like a little princess... dirty fighter... low blow, chokehold, headbutt... he shouldve stayed in the amateurs.. he wonders why noone gives a flying **** about him, its because he dances like a little *****... vanes won the fight and forced the action while lara resorted to bicycling and dirty tactics...
                  im just pissed this didnt go to the championship rounds so vanes could expose this foo with his far superior conditioning and stamina... lara got lucky his dirty headbutt caused a huge gash... i hope lara never gets another fight on hbo

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    Lara was pulling a few dirty tricks in the clinches, and there were headbutts, but no points taken away. To be fair, Lara stopped when told to and Vanes also responded dirty trick to dirty trick, and headbutts are to be expected with a southpaw, its not like it was an Ortiz headbutt.

thanks for the info....
                    dont think canelo will fight either one now he
                    may have his optional defense in my opinion.

Comment

Lara was winning the fight which was close, the best thing that could've happened to marti was the headbutt cut because the tide was turning in those last 2 rounds and it looked like he wasnt going to win another round for the rest of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X