No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko: Our Fight, It Made Lennox Lewis Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
    This is what irritates me about Vitali. He fought a great fight and should have just accepted it and tried to get the rematch. Instead, he says he was injured when it was Lewis who caused the injuries with punches. He even said it was a headbutt by Lewis right after the fight, which was a clear lie. You cannot change the definition of a TKO. Lewis cut him multiple times with punches, yet both Vitali and a lot of supporters still claim it was some freak one off accident. Vitali has proven himself to be a very good heavyweight, but he needs to quit making excuses about that fight.
    He tried to get a rematch for years, it was not Vitali's fault the rematch never came to place. And the only cut that is of relevance is the big one in round 2 which Lewis luckily caused with a punch. I don't care for you who are saying "There is no luck in boxing", you don't learn how to cause cuts in training camp, Lewis gut lucky. Jim Lampley thought so, I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Ok you are missing the point. The point was that Vitali had been beating Lewis and Lennox was lucky he won at all and failed to give a very warranted rematch everyone wanted to see.

when your face cant hold up to the punches you are not winning the fight

of what use are scorecards when you get stopped?

lewis stopped klitschko. he couldnt protect his face enough to keep it from getting too badly destroyed to continue fighting

TKO6

Comment

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
        I wonder what Vitali will say when Chisora forces Vitali into retirement.
        Lol, yea, keep thinking that. Then give Vitali some credit after he brutalizes him.

Comment

This is what irritates me about Vitali. He fought a great fight and should have just accepted it and tried to get the rematch. Instead, he says he was injured when it was Lewis who caused the injuries with punches. He even said it was a headbutt by Lewis right after the fight, which was a clear lie. You cannot change the definition of a TKO. Lewis cut him multiple times with punches, yet both Vitali and a lot of supporters still claim it was some freak one off accident. Vitali has proven himself to be a very good heavyweight, but he needs to quit making excuses about that fight.
          Their heads came together on numerous occasions. Vitali thinking it was a head clash is normal. In fact, the punch that supposedly caused the main cut above the eye in question landed right before a head clash and it was hard to tell if the punch did it or the heads coming together. You should be a little more objective and give it a closer look before ragging on a respectful guy like Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            when your face cant hold up to the punches you are not winning the fight

of what use are scorecards when you get stopped?

lewis stopped klitschko. he couldnt protect his face enough to keep it from getting too badly destroyed to continue fighting

TKO6
            Nobody goes into a fight intending to win on cuts genius. If so, I could understand that post. But, NO.

Comment

yup.

it was all klitschko.

i'm sure a 38 yr. old lennox lewis had no plans on retiring before beating him.

Comment

Their heads came together on numerous occasions. Vitali thinking it was a head clash is normal. In fact, the punch that supposedly caused the main cut above the eye in question landed right before a head clash and it was hard to tell if the punch did it or the heads coming together. You should be a little more objective and give it a closer look before ragging on a respectful guy like Vitali.
                He usually is respectful. But he wasn't during and after that fight with Lewis. He kicked Lewis, then Lewis helped him up. He then tried to start a fight with Lewis after he knew he had lost, which was childish. Then he claimed headbutt etc.

Perhaps it is hard for someone like him to be gracious in defeat when he is so used to winning. It may have been a crappy ending, but it was legit and Vitali acted like a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  yup.

it was all klitschko.

i'm sure a 38 yr. old lennox lewis had no plans on retiring before beating him.
                  As a fact he didn't. He said several times prior to the fight that he wasn't anywhere near retirement. Try again.

P.S. Lennox was 37 amd Vitali currently dominates the division at 40+ years of age.

Comment

Nobody goes into a fight intending to win on cuts genius. If so, I could understand that post. But, NO.
                    That's just a bogus statement & flat out lie... every opponent since Lewis has gone in to A bout with him UTILYZING this as there ONLY gameplan for winning.

Comment

He usually is respectful. But he wasn't during and after that fight with Lewis. He kicked Lewis, then Lewis helped him up. He then tried to start a fight with Lewis after he knew he had lost, which was childish. Then he claimed headbutt etc.

Perhaps it is hard for someone like him to be gracious in defeat when he is so used to winning. It may have been a crappy ending, but it was legit and Vitali acted like a child.
                      He was pissed off. Simple as that. Emotions get the better of some men, and that is the reason Vitali is successful. Look how he acted when Solis couldn't fight on. He was mad after all the pre fight talk and he gets knocked out on the first real shot he took. I'm sure there's a ton of agression forming in a 6 week pro boxing training camp. Hell I've been on a diet for a month and I'm pissed off too. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X