Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather's Antics, a Pacquiao Fight, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather's Antics, a Pacquiao Fight, More

HBO color analyst Larry Merchant has arrived in Las Vegas for this Saturday's anticipated Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz pay-per-view melee at the MGM Grand. Having been with the network for over thirty years and countless Mayweather showcases, Merchant was still quick to show his enthusiasm towards the fight and the drama that is expected to emerge from it.

[Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather’s nature as a champion…
    “Well, his history is that he is a brilliant matchmaker. He’s smart enough to pick who he has picked to fight and picked who he shouldn’t take any risks against."

One of the interesting things about this particular fight, as for example against Marquez, is that he hasn’t vilified his opponent. He doesn’t want to, in this case, to say that the other guy can’t fight or some variation would only confirm fans’ thoughts. So that he’s smart enough not to belittle guys who fans aren’t absolutely sure belong in the same ring with him. So he’s really smart about how he does it.”

Well said Larry. They can call him drunk, Larry knows what's up.

Comment

**** if Floyd is picking opponents WTF is pacq doing?

Comment

the biggest floyd hater and ******* on the planet.....

pac vs cottley
        pac vs margarito
        pac vs diaz
        pac vs JMM at 144
        pac vs mosley

brilliant matchmaking!!!

Comment

Froid should play hero & stop Pac from taking the American dollar to another planet, but sadly Froid is a scared chicken.

Comment

merchant is right as usual...floyd deserves all the criticism he's getting.....thats what he gets for being a coward...

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
              the biggest floyd hater and ******* on the planet.....

pac vs cottley
              pac vs margarito
              pac vs diaz
              pac vs JMM at 144
              pac vs mosley

brilliant matchmaking!!!
              I thought from reading he got the two confused. In all seriousness though I think there would be more fans of boxing if we didn't have people like Merchant. You would think Mayweather has NEVER fought anybody good and that Pac is unbeatable no matter who he faces. I personally think its a slap in the face to all the champs Mayweather has faced and I also think coming from a sports personality I shouldn't be able to CLEARLY know who you like or favor. Just think about it in other sports I don't know who Joe Bucks favorite team is and even though Troy Aikman played for the Cowboys he doesn't act like that's his favorite team the same goes for Earl Kenny and Chuck. If he didn't downgrade all of Mayweathers opponents and make it seem like Pac is the only fighter worth watching maybe just maybe the sport would be better off.

Comment

I can imagine Larry announcing football. "The Green Bay Packers have an explosive offense that can put up points in bunches, while the Steelers are a good defensive team they haven't played anybody at all. The teams they played weren't that good or they caught them at the right time. The ONLY true test for the Steelers is when they go up against the GREAT Packers team and then we will see what they are worth" <---- All while wearing a Packers hat.

If I'm new to the sport a casual or on the edges I wouldn't wanna watch that **** either. It sounds like there is nobody else worth watching because everybody else in the sport sucks.

Comment

hate runs deep in on this board, you guys keep talking **** about a guy thats 41 - 0, wow!

Comment

Originally posted by djinferno View Post
                    hate runs deep in on this board, you guys keep talking **** about a guy thats 41 - 0, wow!
                    I could be 41-0 too if I never fought the best people in Boxing and took 3 year vacations and came back to fight 1 bum before retiring again.

There are some Mexican bums currently like 49-0

I think 49-0 > 41>0.

I would rather take a 50-2 > 41>0 where the 50-2 is fighting 2-3 times a year against ALL the top opponents.

But you dumb chickens dont understand that, maybe government should print the explanation on the back of your food stamps, like the greatest says: floyd is a chicken nyahahahhahahahha

Comment

Working...
                    X