Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I always get injuries on my feet from jogging?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any of you run on chucks?

Comment

I think it's the case of numbness. This will only get worse and takes a long time to heal. I recommend that you do no jogging for at least few days...

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
        Its like when I jog for some reason I accidentally bring too much force down on my 180 pound 5'10 body! I feel like my bones and the bottom of my feet are sore, I end up gimping around at times because of the pain.

I use asics running shoes that got great reviews on tv shows like abc or cbs new or one of those that said these are suppose to be great running shoes.

I mean is it that hard to make shoes for people like me who must accidentally bring down too much force on the concrete roads? Like make it so its softer impact. I am sick of getting so sick of injuries to my feet.
        I'd suggest that you let your feet heal a bit. And then before you start back running I'd advise you to go to a shoe store dedicated to runners. They will look at your feet and tell you whether you're a supinator, pronator or overpronator and recommend the proper running shoe for you. Based on the type of gait you have you should have a certain type of shoe. Running shoes are not all the same. They will explain that to you. There are shoes specific to each type of foot and gait. You don't have to buy the shoes from them because they're usually a lil' more expensive in those stores. But once you know what type of shoe you need you can go to eastbay or footlocker and ask for that type in whatever brand you prefer.

I suffered from shin splints for the longest. I went in to a store called "Run for Your Life" and they told me that my arch was falling when I ran causing the shin splints. They told me I needed a stability shoe. Picked up a pair of Brooks stability shoes and haven't had the problem from running. However, I do get some pain if I do a lot jump rope and workout in my boxing shoes for too long. Cause there's no arch support in those shoes. Hope this helps.

Comment

I got something similar recently, last week i went for my first outside run of the season with my brand new shows.(I run on the threadmill during the winter, fck snow.)

I ran for about half an hour. No problem.

The day after i woke up and the top of my right foot was swollen and i had some mild pain when i try to put my weight on the front of my foot. I ignored it and went to the gym anyway when i got there started shadow boxing and the pain started to get worst when i was moving around, it wasn't that bad so i hit the pads a little and then did some rounds on the bag.

The day after it was swollen even more and i had a hard time walking normally.

For the past week i haven't trained, i take some ibuprofen for the swelling and i put a icepack in my sock for like 15 minutes every hour. Swelling is almost all gone, pain isn't as bad but it still hurts when i put my weight on the ball of my foot, so i can't really train.

It's pissing me off, anybody ever experienced this?

Comment

I've never had foot problems, but my knees get sore if I run on concrete. Maybe you should try to run on grass, I've never had any injuries or soreness from doing that.

Comment

Go see a choropodist (foot doctor). If your feet hurt after exercise it,s likely that you are pushing off from the sife off your foot rather than the balls of your feet. They will more than likely hook you up with some custom insoles that should help with your posture etc. After a while you won't need them anymore and the problem shouldn't come back.

I used to get a real bad back from running as I have flat feet. I was using expensive running trainers anyway, and they gave me some insoles and they do work to be honest.

Comment

Working...
              X