No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Confirms Mayweather-Canelo PPV Price as 64.95

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Confirms Mayweather-Canelo PPV Price as 64.95

Pound for pound king Floyd Mayweather and undefeated Mexican champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez will put on the biggest fight of the year when they clash on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. It is indeed the biggest fight that can currently be made in the sport as the demand for tickets caused the event to sell out in less than 24 hours.

One of the things fans who won’t be attending the fight live have been wondering is how the pay per view will be priced. Given the magnitude of the bout, many expect the price tag to be astronomical but Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer brought some good news to the fans.

“You see a lot of people said it’s such a big fight it’s going to be a $80 or $90 pay per view. $100 I even heard but we don't want to do that. We priced the tickets the same way we priced the De La Hoya-Mayweather tickets and for the Pay Per View we are going to go with $64.95” Schaefer would tell BoxingScene, Mike Coppinger and Michael Rosenthal. [Click Here To Read More]

And for €10 a month I'm getting this fight as well as a months worth of boxing on BoxNation!

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      And for €10 a month I'm getting this fight as well as a months worth of boxing on BoxNation!
      Totally agree Boxnation best boxing channel in the world

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
        boxnation has **** commentators though

Comment

Thats pretty expensive. Good move by BoxNation to show it here.

Comment

3/4 of the way to 100 bucks

Comment

ill be going to strip club to watch this fight.

i can get 3 grope sessions i mean lap dances with that price.

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
                yes it's reasonably priced but the commentary is absolutely horride and that steve bunce does my head in

Comment

Puff piece.... I don't know how this writer was surprised that $65 was a fair price for one boxing fight on tv.

Comment

Headline should read

Schaefer confirms Mayweather - Canelo PPV price as $74.95.

Does anyone buy ppv without HD? I venture that more people do than don't so saying the price is $64.95 is clearly silver tongued.

Comment

Working...
                    X