No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Promises To Impress By Knocking Alexader Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
    Kell Brook's not special and if he didn't know that already he will surely find out soon. Alexander will bash him, he won't win a single round and if he's not careful he's getting knocked out. Brooks brings nothing to this fight.29-0 against bums means nothing.You take Brooks and Khan,who has had quality opponents?
    You take Brooks who's older than Alexander and compare their opponents.Alexander has been in far better fights than this Brook hype.Alexander's just too fast, too powerful, more experienced and too intelligent for this guy.This is a huge step up in class and soon Brooks will know he's a European level fighter.I can't wait to watch this fight.
    Intelligent and Alexander do not belong in the same sentence.

Unless that sentence is, "Goddamn Devon Alexander is not intelligent."

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      I hope it gets sorted for you soon, mate. I remember the bout with Bradley was up that way & it was a terrible attendance - and both fighters were from the US.
      The attendance was around 7,000 for that fight. Not great but I wouldn't say terrible. The problem was that it was held at the Silverdome, a venue that holds 90,000 people. This fight was going to be at Joe Louis arena, and since there was no hockey going down the Joe was probably willing to pay more than most venues but thankfully hockey has returned and this fight is moving to a smaller(4800 seat), and the much more historic Masonic temple. Just the architecture alone makes going to the temple worth it. With only 4800 seats I'd imagine it will be a full house and hopefully a loud one.

Comment

As for my prediction, I think our British friends are once again going to realize that there is a big difference between European level and World class level competition. Not saying Devon is world class but he is a top fighter and has experienced all different type of styles from the elite of his division. I expect him to stop Brook in the later rounds. I do think it will be a close fight though and Brook will lay it all on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          As for my prediction, I think our British friends are once again going to realize that there is a big difference between European level and World class level competition. Not saying Devon is world class but he is a top fighter and has experienced all different type of styles from the elite of his division. I expect him to stop Brook in the later rounds. I do think it will be a close fight though and Brook will lay it all on the line.
          Elite of the division?hes fought twice at Welterweight once against a blown up and one dimensional Maidana and once against a 38 year old Randall Bailey who threw about 15 punches in their whole fight.Brook is a big strong powerful Welter with a solid style,throws plenty of combinations and has great timing.I think you Yanks are underestimating Brook which is silly really because Alexander is awful,dude couldnt crack an egg either so I dont know how your predicting a stoppage.

Last edited by Boxing1706; 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
            Elite of the division?hes fought twice at Welterweight once against a blown up and one dimensional Maidana and once against a 38 year old Randall Bailey who threw about 15 punches in their whole fight.Brook is a big strong powerful Welter with a solid style,throws plenty of combinations and has great timing.I think you Yanks are underestimating Brook which is silly really because Alexander is awful,dude couldnt crack an egg either so I dont know how your predicting a stoppage.

Well I'm also referring to who he has mixed it up with at 140 too. He may of not performed well but having been in there with Bradley, Lucas, Kotelnik, and Urango is a lot of vital experience for a kid that hasn't even hit his prime. I'm predicting a stoppage, not because of his power, but the fact that Brook being broken down with precision punching. Alexander isn't a great puncher but he's accurate and I think it will take its toll on Kell.

With that said, I really have no rooting interest in either fighter. Not a fan of either and just hope to see a good competitive fight, which I think it will be.

Comment

Well I'm also referring to who he has mixed it up with at 140 too. He may of not performed well but having been in there with Bradley, Lucas, Kotelnik, and Urango is a lot of vital experience for a kid that hasn't even hit his prime. I'm predicting a stoppage, not because of his power, but the fact that Brook being broken down with precision punching. Alexander isn't a great puncher but he's accurate and I think it will take its toll on Kell.

With that said, I really have no rooting interest in either fighter. Not a fan of either and just hope to see a good competitive fight, which I think it will be.
              I hear ya,I do realise he has fought better competition but in saying that he done really poorly when he stepped up to fight Tim Bradley,he basically quit on a small cut in the most important fight of his life.The Kotelnik and Matthysse fights were both home town decision highway robberies,he struggled badly in both fights tbh.The only fight I really give Devon props for at Jrww was his ko of Urango but even still Urango isnt great,the guy is a face first fighter who relies on power.I really dont think Alexander is a great puncher,he throws alot of pitty pat punches Ive never really seen him beat down an opponent.Brook for me is the much stronger fighter,hes got the heart as we seen him fight nearly 6 rounds with a broken nose against Carson Jones.His punches are extremely accurate and he uses timing to counter his opponents.On top of that I think hes gonna be way to big and strong for Devon.Only thing that might hurt Kell Brook in this fight is his defence he stands a little too upright which could play into Devons hands but other than that its a fore gone conclusion.I could be wrong but hey this why we love boxing,anything can happen....

Comment

Will Dirk Diggler UK be unbanned by this fight I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Will Dirk Diggler UK be unbanned by this fight I wonder?
                  Anyone know what happened to that dude Wazza,the Amir Khan fanboy??

Comment

Originally posted by Mk12345 View Post
                    I think peeps are getting carried away here.

This will be evenly matched for 3 rounds then Alexander will get a UD or late stoppage.

Devon is not as bad as you guys make out or conversely Kelly brook is not as good as you think.

The hype ends after this fight and reality kicks in for brook.
                    Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    he stopped Urango (who'd never been stopped) and he had Chino going for a moment.

a lot of his punches are pittypat, but when he does put mustard on his shots he can hurt guys.

i wouldn't say he's more powerful than Kell, though. i agree with you there.
                    Carson Jones couldnt stop an exhausted Brook cause of a broken nose and Alexander will? Hell Alexander couldnt even do **** to the old ass Bailey.

Comment

Yea, he definitely got a lot of experience from fighting Bradley... Only he thing he learned in that fight is how to QUIT.

Comment

Working...
                      X