No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao past his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pacquiao past his prime?

I dont see it, the speed is still there and so is the punching power, he looked fine in the first rounds vs jmm, and he just beat a very good unbeaten bradley
    i dont think he is past prime, he has just been gunshy in the last couple of fights

If he wasn't he is now, KO's like that have a lasting affect.

Comment

Manny is definitely Past his prime. too many wars, not afraid to get hit. you can see it against Bradley, Mosley, having cramps. etc, etc.

Comment

hes starting his decline definately after as many tough fights as hes taken and of course just aging his body cant hold up to that and stay in the same top condition that he used to be in

Comment

Manny has just run out of cherry picks. Just last month, Manny had looked better then ever. Manny needs to go back fighting mummies if he wants to look great again.

Comment

He is still pretty quick quicker than most in fact but he is not as quick as he once was and not quick enough to cover for his mistakes anymore. Now JMM has great timing and knows Manny like the back of his hand so that aided the process but getting stopped like that will likely make Manny think a bit more about what he is doing so somebody with less timing and less knowledge might be able to get the job done.

Comment

Well, who has EVER looked good against Timothy Bradley or JMM? Nobody is going to look their best fighting those two fighters, especially back to back. Truth be told, Pac looked great before the KO. Obviously at his age he is physically declining, but not too badly from what Ive seen.

The past prime part at this point will be more of a mental past prime than physical depending on how this KO effects him. I think he will be fine physically, mentally is another story... if he loses that buzzsaw killer instinct style, then it's a wrap.

Comment

I think he is past his peak but still in his pri... ah fuck it I don't know.

Comment

I thought he looked great against marquez until that KO shot. But the thing is he has to be extra motivated to perform like that now. Not like before where he would bring that kind of tenacity no matter who was infront of him.

Pac has gotten soft and lost that killer instinct and add the effects mentally from that brutal KO he might just be ripe for the taking for a lesser fighter.

Personally I would love to see pac take a tune up and end his career with a floyd fight. wishful thinking. He just can`t beat marquez period. Juan`s style is pac`s kryptonite.

Comment

Working...
                  X