Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse a devestating one punch KO or a sustained 12 round beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hearing about Berto urinating blood terrifies me. Saw the fight on a huge tv screen and I could tell Berto's midsection sustained massive amounts of punishments even just halfway into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Sustained hard blows to the head are worse than a KO!
      Fighters who have won by a KO understand theres no shame in loosiing via KO, the fighter who feels "embarrsed" as suggested here isn't much of a fighter to begin with. The negative that you do feel is letting your family and friends down!! Its a different kind of "hurt", real fighters don't feel embarrsed if they know their effort was their best! They do give respect and honor to their opponents victory!! Thats why its always good to fight quality opponents!!

As to Pacman KO loss to Juan I think those two have enough KO wins to understand how to feel. When you fight at the highest level **** happens, the fans cry this or that the fighter mends, figures out what mistakes were made then fights on, or in Pac or Juans case says "see ya"!! Ray.
      I agree to a certain extent. I think we know now more than we once knew about concussions and head injuries. I think it's fair to say that sustained shots to the head are more dangerous but it also depends on the fighter.

Some can take it better than others. I also have seen the effects of a fighter getting KO'd and then being susceptible to it happening again. So I think both can be very dangerous and bad to be honest, but it depends on the individual.

Comment

Sustained beatings and lights-out KOs are both terrible. I'm not sure how to pick. The answer is, boxing is terrible for your long term health, period. If you're a boxer, you're far more likely to suffer early onset dementia and emotional and impulse control problems. This isn't anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Worse for what? Reputation? Earning Potential? Confidence? Long Term Health?

Maybe if you asked a specific question we could debate it.
          In general, interpret the question however you want don't over complicate things.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            That's kind of like what happened to Meldrick Taylor against Julio Cesar Chavez.
            ^^^
            Perfect example

Comment

12 round beating just like Guerrero gave to Berto.

Comment

12 round beating by far. Its one thing to lose on a single punch that can happen ko you, as it can happen to anyone at any given time, but consistent punishment really questions ones true ability. If Oscar had been dominating Manny, and Manny landed one shot to end it, I'll bet the farm that he wouldnt have retired. Its those sustained beatings that more times than not, show if if fighter belongs in the same class as his opponent, or even worse....make one finally realize that their time has come and gone, and the end is near.

Comment

Working...
                X