Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Garcia: Rios Will Be Bigger, Stronger Than Alvarado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Garcia: Rios Will Be Bigger, Stronger Than Alvarado

A sure-fire barn burner was recently announced, as former lightweight champion Brandon 'Bam Bam' Rios will be facing off with junior welterweight contender Mike Alvarado in his first fight at 140 pounds. Set to go down on October 13th at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California, Rios-Alvarado will serve as the HBO-televised co-feature to junior featherweight champ Nonito Donaire's clash with Japan's Toshiaki Nishioka.

[Click Here To Read More]

Alvarado himself enters the ring at 155 pounds. If Rios rehydrate more than that, he hasn't learned his lesson.

Comment

I think Rios is coming out with a W..... The extra weight can only help

Comment

Taking this opinion with nothing but salt.

He's bias, which makes sense.

Comment

Can't wait for this card. Can't wait. I don't know who is going to win either match.

Comment

Mikey Garcia the ducker? Who would take his opinion seriously? And as small as he is of course he's gonna feel Rios' "strength." That last statement sounds familiar too. Isn't that the same thing he said about Rios when the Gamboa fight was coming around? Sounds recycled.

With Rios style of fighting what does he gain from sparring featherweights? Shouldn't he be fighting bigger guys to build up his endurance and strength?

Comment

I dont know, but Alvarado seems like the bigger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Mikey Garcia the ducker?
                Did I miss something?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Mikey Garcia the ducker? Who would take his opinion seriously? And as small as he is of course he's gonna feel Rios' "strength." That last statement sounds familiar too. Isn't that the same thing he said about Rios when the Gamboa fight was coming around? Sounds recycled.

With Rios style of fighting what does he gain from sparring featherweights? Shouldn't he be fighting bigger guys to build up his endurance and strength?
                    I stopped reading your post after the first sentence!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X