No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Explains His Desire to Face Marcos Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Explains His Desire to Face Marcos Maidana

Paulie Malignaggi made two things very clear regarding his next opponent.

The WBA welterweight champion has no interest whatsoever in fighting Shane Mosley and he really wants to fight Marcos Maidana. Malignaggi acknowledged that a deal was never finalized for his much-maligned championship defense against Mosley, which was tentatively scheduled for April 27 at Barclays Center in Malignaggi’s native Brooklyn, and that they were “far apart on a lot of issues, not just money.” [Click Here To Read More]

It doesn't get anymore "Boxer vs Puncher" than this...it would be very interesting...

I could see Paulie outboxing Maidana for the first half of the fight, but with Maidana connecting and breaking Paulie down...eventually Paulie would be stopped via TKO because he has a lot of heart...

Most competitive fights I see Paulie in, he boxes well upfront, then his opponents begin to catch on and really push him late in the fight, only to lose a close decision...but I see Maidana stopping him

Comment

Fair play to Paulie for wanting this over the Shane fight. And I think a lot more fans would rather see Paulie v Maidana and like TyrantT316 said, it's the old "boxer v puncher" fight.

It would do a lot more for Paulie's career if he were to beat Maidana. Could he do it? Quite possibly but I think I'd favour Maidana here.

Comment

Maidana-Malignaggi would be an interesting fight.....well just about any fight would be more interesting than Mosley-Malignaggi (washed up vs feather fists)

If Paulie's serious I admire him taking the tougher fight...and he's right nobody will give him credit for beating Shane at this point

Comment

I would say Paulie beats Maidana but his last performance was worrisome.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'd much rather see him fight Maidana than Mosley. Mosley should stick to his word and just retire.

Comment

This Kid have a big heart but he don't have no defense ...he get hit from everywhere against Maidana o Mosley he lose if he doesn't improve

Comment

I don't get why people be hating on Paulie, the dude will fight anyone if they let him.

Comment

Paulie always wanted Maidana, Schaefer was trying to foist Mosley on PM and us boxing fans.

Can't wait for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF
                    This Kid have a big heart but he don't have no defense ...he get hit from everywhere against Maidana o Mosley he lose if he doesn't improve

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X