No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Szpilka Says Jaw Was Broken in McCline Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Szpilka Says Jaw Was Broken in McCline Victory

According to rising Polish heavyweight contender Artur Szpilka (12-0, 9KOs), his jaw was broken in two places during Saturday night's ten round unanimous decision over veteran Jameel McCline (43-12-3, 24 KOs) in Lodz. The scores were 98-93, 98-94, 97-94. Szpilka says the injury took place in the sixth round of the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great now we have too add Szpilka too the list with Abraham,Ali etc

Comment

Not a very promising sign to have had his jaw broken by an old Jameel McCline.

On the other hand he showed a greater willingness to fight than Victor Ortiz last weekend. Szpilka needs much improvement in order to hang with the big heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        Not a very promising sign to have had his jaw broken by an old Jameel McCline.

On the other hand he showed a greater willingness to fight than Victor Ortiz last weekend. Szpilka needs much improvement in order to hang with the big heavyweights.
        Even though he won I was disappointed If you cant KO a 90 year old Jameel who's just there for cash and not to win is disappointing. Even more disappointing is how close the fight was and his refusal to put him away.

Sad to say but he's a domestic level HW. lets see Pajkic vs Szpilka, they can fight in Toronto which has huge Polish population and serb population.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          You can't compare it like that, it was nowhere near that serious.
          You're right, you cant. Szpilka fights @ HW while Ortiz fights at girls weight. Wanna guess who's punches hurt more?

Comment

and i know this is laughworthy, but a freakishly slow 42 year old mccline is not as good as the great jose lopez, the lightweight turned WW sensation.

ortiz was in a war and his jaw allegedly severed a huge artery in his neck. it (his jaw / face,) was visibly destroyed

i couldnt even tell that polak had his jaw busted.

i think i fell asleep, though. or something along those lines. what an awful card that roy jones poland fiasco was.
            Last edited by New England; 07-01-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

It's difficult to say without any additional information on Szpilka's injury.

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Even though he won I was disappointed If you cant KO a 90 year old Jameel who's just there for cash and not to win is disappointing. Even more disappointing is how close the fight was and his refusal to put him away.

Sad to say but he's a domestic level HW. lets see Pajkic vs Szpilka, they can fight in Toronto which has huge Polish population and serb population.....
              I agree.

Szpilka looked tentative and intimidated by McCline's size as he admits. Probably he just isn't big enough and good enough to fight against heavyweights. He used to be a cruiserweight and still looks rather small for a current heavyweight.

He is not quite fast or skilled enough to get away with a size disadvantage either.

Comment

I agree.

Szpilka looked tentative and intimidated by McCline's size as he admits. Probably he just isn't big enough and good enough to fight against heavyweights. He used to be a cruiserweight and still looks rather small for a current heavyweight.

He is not quite fast or skilled enough to get away with a size disadvantage either.

you're being very generous

that guy flat out sucks
                flat out sucks
                what a joke he is. that's what a domestic fighter looks like.

HW is scary bad. that guy is plenty big.
                it's the big enough division. he's big enough. guys smaller have been great HW. his problem is how much he sucks at boxing and how dismal his athletic talents are.

Comment

I agree.

I dont know why he isnt at CW, Poland has been producing some great world class CW in recent years, but they fail at HW when they move up. Except Adamek, he had some HW success but was no match at all for Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    you're being very generous

that guy flat out sucks
                    flat out sucks
                    what a joke he is. that's what a domestic fighter looks like.

HW is scary bad. that guy is plenty big.
                    it's the big enough division. he's big enough. guys smaller have been great HW. his problem is how much he sucks at boxing and how dismal his athletic talents are.
                    I'm not used to expecting a whole lot from heavyweight prospects so I don't count them out as easily either. Robert Helenius had some woeful performances early on as well but he is still seen as a legitimate threat in the division. The standards have to be lowered when it comes to heavyweights.

The standards aren't quite low enough for the Szpilka's current form to make any kind of an impact in the division though.

Size is important today because the skill isn't there. Szpilka doesn't really have enough speed or skill to compensate for a lack of size in comparison to the biggest heavyweights in the division.

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    I dont know why he isnt at CW, Poland has been producing some great world class CW in recent years, but they fail at HW when they move up. Except Adamek, he had some HW success but was no match at all for Vitali
                    He put on a lot of weight in prison and I guess he hasn't been able to shed the weight. His management might have to re-think his heavyweight career after this contest though.

Comment

Working...
                    X