No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Always Prepare Like It's My Last Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
    so he's so brave that he fights a 140 fighter @ 135...not only is he fighting a B class guy, he make the guy drain himself as well...

The guy only stands about 5'3...he should have no problem making 135.

Comment

Some good quotes from Hairbrush here. When he is actually being serious, he shows he has some good career perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
        yet you cheated escabedo on teh scales
        Yeah, it was the weight that put that as whoppin on Escabedo

Comment

Move up to 140 and fight guys your size..

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Jake Donovan - “It ain’t bragging if you can back it up.”

If Muhammad Ali didn’t coin the aforementioned phrase, he sure as hell validated it (He’s also alive and well, in case there remained any concern). Adrien Broner has a long way to go before getting within sniffing distance of ‘The Greatest,’ but he’s learned to ply his trade with every bit as much enthusiasm as he continues to thrive while in the prime of his career.

The unbeaten lightweight titlist wasted no time in capitalizing on his breakthrough performance last November, destroying top lightweight Antonio DeMarco in Atlantic City. Broner returns to the same location – quickly becoming his home away from his actual Cincinnati hometown - fighting just three months later as he headlines a February 16 HBO-televised card against former 140 lb. champ Gavin Rees.

For years, it had become a disturbing trend for the sport’s top fighters to only appear once or twice per year, and not always against top – or even respectable – competition. Broner still has a way to go on the resume-building front, but next Saturday’s ring appearance will mark his seventh straight fight on HBO in the span of under two years. [Click Here To Read More]
            I remember as a kid I had a book of quotes, and it was Dizzy Dean who said that a long time back.
            Last edited by edgarg; 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              The guy only stands about 5'3...he should have no problem making 135.
              They are both the same height, and it's a lot more than 5"3"

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                They are both the same height, and it's a lot more than 5"3"

Gavin Rees is 5'3 TOPS! Here he is standing next to 5'11 Joe Calzaghe, notice how Calzaghe isn't even standing straight up.

Comment

Another example of how it is the PROMOTER who choses fights. It is amazing how many people said Donaire can fight who he wants, he is ducking. So a Promoter had to come to this site and shut people up because it is a fact that the PROMOTER choses the opponent, not the fighter. Thats why Broner said "I just fight who they put in front of me" because that is how it is in Boxing unless it is a Floyd or Vitali as one Promoter said on here.

Comment

Working...
                  X