Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye rules out WBC fight against Vitali Klitschko in Ukraine on safety grounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
    Vit gets a few million, like 2 or 3 a fight max! Vs Haye he will get like 6+

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

you read this where? cause its not even close... way more than 2-3 million a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Haye has made himself a target, the constant trash talk throughout the years about 2 Ukranian fighters that draw 30+ million viewers on the regular, i guarantee you nearly every single Klitschko fan hates Haye because of this. They are probably the most popular athletes of all time in Ukraine.

Haye is also black, and going to a country filled with nationalists and racists is a terrible idea.

If he never talked trash and never made himself the villain he'd have no fear and would have nothing to worry about, his race only amplifies the risk.
      You got this from Haye or you authored this bullshit? You ought to take a look at a map so you see what Ukraine is; make sure it's not from the 1940's so as not to confuse it with Nazi Germany.

Comment

They will fight, as it's the only interesting fight I can see at heavyweight, and it's not cause David Haye is some sort of a threat.....it's cause everyone wants to see Vitali lay a beating on him, and if that fight happens, that is what he gets.

Comment

When he got his fight against Wladimir, he scuttled around the ring by the ropes like a ****roach all night. When he finally landed a hard punch, he found out he wasn't as big a puncher as he is in his daydreams. The average margin the judges had Wladimir winning by was 8 rounds (no, that isn't 8 rounds to 4; it's 10 rounds to 2!) - more than the margin Wlad had in his points victory over Sultan Ibragimov.

Haye would beat Vitali at this stage of his career, but then so would half the division. It would be a shame for him to give the pipsqueak the honour of a victory over him after he tried to undermine Wlad's victory with his sore-pinky-on-the-rear-foot-which-had-been-anaesthetised-before-the-fight excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingchef View Post
            whats funny to me is how many Haye fans say "Wlad didnt dominate Haye" and then also say "Haye dominated Valuev".... yeah right with 8.9 punches per round..... If Haye dominated Valuev, then haye was dominated by Wlad.... Im just giving it back to the Haye fans

Stop attacking a straw man buddy. I have never said that. Not once mentioned the Valuev fight. I'm a Haye fan so there goes your (failed) generalisation.

And to the other guy who red k'd me for some reason, yes I have. Sure you may love your country or whatever, but I sure didn't feel safe there and I wasn't the one loudmouthing a Ukrainian idol either. What's wrong with Germany? You know, the place he has fought nearly all of the time from his comeback.

Comment

Haye is quite a character. That's enough to get me to watch
              this fight. If Vitali ever makes it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Stop attacking a straw man buddy. I have never said that. Not once mentioned the Valuev fight. I'm a Haye fan so there goes your (failed) generalisation.

And to the other guy who red k'd me for some reason, yes I have. Sure you may love your country or whatever, but I sure didn't feel safe there and I wasn't the one loudmouthing a Ukrainian idol either. What's wrong with Germany? You know, the place he has fought nearly all of the time from his comeback.
                I never said YOU said that. I was making a statement of what many many haye fans have said

Comment

Originally posted by boxingchef View Post
                  I never said YOU said that. I was making a statement of what many many haye fans have said
                  Good. If you disagree with these Haye fans, you shouldn't make an argument based on their logic. Can I see a few examples of where these Haye fans have explicitly said that Haye dominated Valuev? Or a link to a place where I can see "many Haye fans" arguing that? It would be an interesting read, and would bring validity to your argument. I have not seen many Haye fans say Haye won that fight clearly, nevermind dominating ... im just hoping you havent made this up.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Wlad won all of his rounds with narrow margins. People seem to blur the distinction between the disappointment they got from Haye's boring perfomance, and the actual way Wlad won those rounds. They both were scared of eachother, and Wlad outboxed him using the jab to win. Wlad did not dominate.

On the issue of Ukraine, I agree. Haye haters will obviously try twist it to say Haye is running, but they are only embarassing themselves really. Ukraine is a dangerous place, even when the football was on. Haye saying he's willing to fight in Germany should be enough to disprove that theory of him running. Haye knows hes not going to get a strong reception in Germany when he fights next.

Comment

Working...
                    X