No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander vs Matthysse: Both Trainers Want The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander vs Matthysse: Both Trainers Want The Fight

BoxingScene.com recently spoke to Kevin Cunningham, who trains former WBC/IBF junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander (21-1) and Gabriel Sarmiento who trained Lucas Matthysse (28-1) of Argentina for his last fight versus Zab Judah. Sarmiento also trains lineal middleweight champion Sergio Martinez.

[Click Here To Read More]

good fight, props to devon if he takes it but i think lucas relegates him to gatekeeper status.....

Comment

Very dangerous fight for Alexander to take after what many people regard as streak of 2 losses. Good to see he's not taking it easy though, and while I think Matthysse could give him troubles I also believe this is a very winnable fight for him.

Comment

i like the fight and i give credit to devon for taking it. maybe after the bradley debacle he wants to rid his title of devon the quitter instead of devon the great. a win will help his status going forward. good luck to both of them and may the best fighter wins

Comment

good fight,but it should have been maidana v alexander,but maidana wants to fight a shadow of a legend for some fake title neither has properly won.

LOL,matthysse has more power than maidana??,thats some real hype talk from alexander camp.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
            good fight,but it should have been maidana v alexander,but maidana wants to fight a shadow of a legend for some fake title neither has properly won.

LOL,matthysse has more power than maidana??,thats some real hype talk from alexander camp.
            he said Matthysse has more skills, not more power.

Comment

Judah beat Lucas one big punch that stunned Judah don't win you a fight, Devon did struggle with Kotelnik, styles do make fights but he etched that one out no matter how ugly it was and disappointing, when a boxer does better against a top opponent than what was expected its natural to think he won, Devon did not lose to Bradley because he was outboxed or because Bradley is a better boxer, Bradley was able to adapt which he does well and pressure Devon, that fight was very close I have sen it six times, plus we are not Devon we don't know how the cut affected him, he got cut in the corner of his eye, blood can get into the eye and cause you not to see, either way not trying to argue that or any of this just give my opinion, Devon is the superior boxer, incredible hand speed, and power doesn't bother him, he kept coming forward and boxing and eating the shots Bradley landed, I think Devon will cruise to a ud, maybe late stoppage, just my opinion

Comment

Why hasn't Devon dropped Cunningham's ass already?

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
                  he said Matthysse has more skills, not more power.
                  he said he has the same power, either way it don't matte

Comment

Good fight hopefully it gets made.

Comment

Working...
                    X