Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical help with posting on this site...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical help with posting on this site...

... over the last 9-10 months I've found I can't post for more than three paragraphs without it saying that it's had no response from the site.

For a verbose prick like me, this is a major downfall, as I used to write ****ing essays on here. I have to break it down over four posts all the time these days.

I dunno why it happened. It started on Firefox, so I switched to Google Chrome... same problem. I clear my cache, the lot. My computer's old, about six years, but this is a relatively new thing. Any ideas?

they on like a 5 dollar a month shared server, so that why site lags etc etc etc.

Comment

It might have something to do with all the problems the sites been having lately. It might not be you, I'd just keep doing what you're doing, but first, write w/e long "essay" you want to write in wordpad or notepad, then copy and paste it, just in case you lose it, you'll still have it on your pc. Hopefully, things will get sorted out here.

good luck
      jaz

Comment

Cheers guys.

Like I say though, this has been going on for about 9-10 months now, I meant to mention it sooner.

Comment

If I write something reasonably long then I just copy it after I've written it in the box. If the site locks up I just refresh the page and paste it back in. If that doesn't work I'll browse for 5 or 10 minutes then try again.

The problem used to be a lot more frequent for me but it has not happened in a month or two.

Comment

Ive been moaning about it for a while, i've found a couple of work around solutions.

If it doesnt connect to the site, click back, copy what you have typed out (or do that before you submit it) and totally shut down your browser. Close all the tabs first, then right click it and close the browser.

Re open, and you will be able to post. It times out with the server i think

These apply to phones and pc's i've found. The best browser i've found on the ipad is Dolphin, you can usually get a good 10 posts before it needs all the tabs closed and the browser closed.

Comment

Even though it says this, it's not really a "time out", because I can go back, cut out a couple of paragraphs and then it will past.

Anything longer than three kills it.

Comment

Working...
              X